Let's All Laugh At Celtic Thread

3 minutes ago, gannonball said:

If you only your maw had used a coat hanger to intercept you she would have won it and the trophy rightly retired thereafter. 

Maybe magee will post a ' you've taken that too far' pic....

"Get him out there but we have to help raise the standard. I took a call from Fleming apologising on Don’s and his behalf.

“It was a very respectful and courteous thing to do.

“I don’t need Don to ring me, I just need him to apologise to Erik.

“We make mistakes but our job is to try to help the standard of refereeing.

“Up here we don’t have the budget, the refs aren’t full-time and you don’t have the resources that some other countries have.

“You have a small pool of referees that you are trying to promote and you have to help them. I am all for that.

“But like I say, if you make too many, you will suffer in your career.”

"Get him out there but we have to help raise the standard. I took a call from Fleming apologising on Don’s and his behalf.

“It was a very respectful and courteous thing to do.

“I don’t need Don to ring me, I just need him to apologise to Erik.

“We make mistakes but our job is to try to help the standard of refereeing.

“Up here we don’t have the budget, the refs aren’t full-time and you don’t have the resources that some other countries have.

“You have a small pool of referees that you are trying to promote and you have to help them. I am all for that.

“But like I say, if you make too many, you will suffer in your career.”

I don't have a problem with the specifics of what he said.

I do resent the fact he's still going on about it. It's thoroughly childish and boring.

1 hour ago, Forever_blueco said:

"Don" Brendan dishing out the threats now 

IMG_0924.JPG

What a breath of fresh air 

Fcking hell, they're going to start another referees strike with this nonsense. The SFA need to grow a pair.

I'd hate to see what they'd be like if they were struggling.

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

Fcking hell, they're going to start another referees strike with this nonsense. The SFA need to grow a pair.

I'd hate to see what they'd be like if they were struggling.

Wasn't jose fined down south for a comment about a referee. moaning because he was a scouser for a man united v Liverpool game a few months back . Poor wee Neil would never have a wage if that applied up here during his time at Celtic 

Edited by Forever_blueco

Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers says Don Robertson's hopes of being a top ref will be over if he makes another high profile blunder

Rodgers is still angry at Robertson's award of a penalty to Ross County six days ago and has warned the ref he can't afford another mistake when assisting in tomorrow's Rangers clash.

Brendan Rodgers last night warned blunder ref Don Robertson another high-profile howler at Hampden may end his hopes of becoming a top whistler.

The Celtic manager was staggered six days ago when the official awarded a penalty against Erik Sviatchenko after Alex Schalk’s dive in their 2-2 draw with Ross County.

Refs chief John Fleming later phoned Rodgers to apologise for the calamitous call yet Robertson is straight back in action as one of the assistants behind a goal in tomorrow’s Scottish Cup clash between Celtic and Rangers.

Although Rodgers is adamant more should be done to help Scotland’s officials, he insists another drastic mistake could have a major impact on Robertson’s career.

He said: “I don’t want to throw the kid to the garbage when he is learning his profession but, if he makes too many of them, he is not going to be a top-class ref.

“He had better not do what the Ross County guy did and miss that one. That would be two in a week and then he is really struggling to be a top-class ref.

1 hour ago, Forever_blueco said:

Phoning to apologise :lol:

1 hour ago, bennett said:

I'm sure that happens all the time tho...

The ref who awarded the mistaken penalty for Celtic against us earlier in the season called TW to apologise. 

I don't remember Brendan making much of a fuss about mistakes however.