Jackie McNamara - It's not about the money..

Well, it really is, isn't it Jackie, ya wee mercenary!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22466508

Manager Jackie McNamara is frustrated that the compensation row between Dundee United and former club Partick Thistle remains unresolved.

And the 39-year-old, who left Firhill in January, insists he is not seeking to profit from Thistle's promotion.

The First Division champions say McNamara's lawyers are chasing a bonus payment for the title win.

"I can assure people I don't want anything from Partick Thistle money-wise," McNamara told BBC Scotland.

"Since I left there has been a lot of stuff come from the Partick Thistle side of things.

"I think the way they've handled it is very disappointing, instead of just wishing me good luck.

"The compensation thing would have been sorted last month but they decided not to take it for some reason. They would have had the full money.

"So I'm waiting for the legal side of things and we're playing legal games at the moment, which I was hoping were going to be resolved as well.

"Obviously, as much as I'm disappointed and frustrated at the way they've dealt with it, I'm delighted that the players have managed to get promotion, which I knew they would.

"It became very personal to me, obviously trying to tarnish things and make it out to be money, but once it's resolved I'll come out and say my side of things.

"I've kept my silence during the course of it, hoping it was resolved. Instead of worrying about what I'm doing or what I'm saying, it's about Thistle winning promotion for the first time in 10 years and getting to a cup final and all the young players playing football.

"Football is about enjoyment, it's not about me going and bettering myself at a bigger club.

"There are a lot of things which you can understand I am very angry about, when it comes down to things like money, because that's never the case for me."

A Partick Thistle spokesperson said: "We received a letter from Jackie McNamara's lawyers and it is now in the hands of our lawyers. We will make no further statement on the matter."

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McNamara is entitled to at least part of his bonus, the Thistle fans anger towards him and Dundee Utd is pure spite.

They were a club hovering around mid table when he got the job and he oversaw a turnaround of players which saw them on the brink of the SPL when he got the tannadice job and, despite peoples bitterness towards him for moving on he deserves the credit for that, as dose Alan Archibald for finishing the job to be fair.

The breach of contract dispute is a seperate issue and should be treated as such.

McNamara is entitled to at least part of his bonus, the Thistle fans anger towards him and Dundee Utd is pure spite.

They were a club hovering around mid table when he got the job and he oversaw a turnaround of players which saw them on the brink of the SPL when he got the tannadice job and, despite peoples bitterness towards him for moving on he deserves the credit for that, as dose Alan Archibald for finishing the job to be fair.

I don't really get why he deserves any bonus. He ripped up his contract to leave us. Surely he's ripping up any rewards that come with that contract at the same time?

I don't really get why he deserves any bonus. He ripped up his contract to leave us. Surely he's ripping up any rewards that come with that contract at the same time?

I think the logical solution would be for both sides to drop their claim to be honest.

Come to a 'gentlemens agreement' for him to leave the bonus claim if they ditch the breach of contract case.

Both would probably win in court cancelling out any sums awarded, only lining the lawyers pockets and making Jackie and Partick Thistle looking a bit foolish.

I think the logical solution would be for both sides to drop their claim to be honest.

Come to a 'gentlemens agreement' for him to leave the bonus claim if they ditch the breach of contract case.

Then McNamara would have left Dundee United for nothing, despite agreeing weeks before leaving to a new contract, as it would see us earn more money.

Not saying we've behaved perfectly, but his behaviour has been verging on bizarre.

Not saying we've behaved perfectly, but his behaviour has been verging on bizarre.

Bizarre? Think you might be overstating things somewhat.

Man leaves one employer to take up work for another employer. Some issues with respect to compensation/remuneration remain unresolved after a number of weeks.

UmpOi.gif

From the outside that would certainly seem fair to me.

Both would probably win in court cancelling out any sums awarded, only lining the lawyers pockets and making Jackie and Partick Thistle looking a bit foolish.

Which is exactly what McNamara/Dundee Utd are trying to achieve by claiming for a bonus.

We shouldn't be made to stand down from our £80k compensation claim - which we feel we're due - just because someone brings up a counter claim. His counter claim is full of shit. We should proceed as we are doing and take him/them for the full amount.

If its not about the money then Thistle should say "ok Jackie if its not about the money we will donate the £40k to a Glasgow charity of your choice, just call us and let us know who we make the cheque payable to"

and see what he says.

None of us have seen the contract, so really we have no clue. That said, it would certainly be a strange contract that allowed a manager to be poached mid-season without compensation, and which entitled the departing manager to an end of season bonus.

In the absence of any real facts, I'll chuck my two bob into the bitter mix. Ratnamara praises himself for keeping silent, in a well publicised media interview ? He should be flogged on the centre circle of Firhill for that alone. When he left, I was disappointed, but wished him well. Now, he can go f**k himself. The counter claim and hooring himself out to the media are just deflection - pay up Jackie.

If its not about the money then Thistle should say "ok Jackie if its not about the money we will donate the £40k to a Glasgow charity of your choice, just call us and let us know who we make the cheque payable to"

and see what he says.

Well no, because for us it is about the money! :ph34r:

Nice to see the "The compensation thing would have been sorted last month but they decided not to take it for some reason. They would have had the full money." bit completely ignored by P&B loyal.

I was glad to see Thistle get promoted, but going by some of the fans reactions I'm not sure they're ready to be around grown up teams yet.

Archived