Jackie McNamara - It's not about the money..

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

His time at York almost resembles a plotline from a Carry On film. 

Minter for Jackie having to take the training after being sacked. 

Serves the twat right and hope he never works in football again. He's a shite manager who has miraculously made a decent living from a few rich fools. 

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, AnAnInginAneAnA said:

The c**t must be a Jedi. There is no other reasonable explanation for his continual employment in football.

Let me understand this correctly!

A manager does well in his first job and is sought after by a bigger club who he joins. He then does really well again before his chairman sells all his players, doesn't give him a penny to replace those players and then sacks him for not getting results. He then joins a shite team that are going to get relegated anyway and can't save them and you all treat him as if he's the worst football manager in the history of football.

Genuinely worry for some of you folk on here at times.

4 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

A manager does well in his first job and is sought after by a bigger club who he joins. He then does really well again before his chairman sells all his players, doesn't give him a penny to replace those players and then sacks him for not getting results. He then joins a shite team that are going to get relegated anyway and can't save them and you all treat him as if he's the worst football manager in the history of football.

Celtic fan in defending ex-Celtic player shocker.

FWIW, the issue at United wasn't really to do with him getting a cut of all the player sales (notice you missed that bit out), and was more to do with the fact that he was tactically clueless, and, despite being a former defender, had no fucking idea how to organise a defence.

Celtic fan in defending ex-Celtic player shocker.

FWIW, the issue at United wasn't really to do with him getting a cut of all the player sales (notice you missed that bit out), and was more to do with the fact that he was tactically clueless, and, despite being a former defender, had no fucking idea how to organise a defence.

I didn't defend him, I just don't understand the hate for him when he did a good job for both his clubs in Scotland.

Getting a cut of player sales is completely irrelevant which is why I didn't mention it.

Maybe the defensive problems where more to do with the club having poor defenders and the chairman unwilling to spend money buying better ones? I seem to remember Utd having defensive issues before and after McNamara

12 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

You haven't understood it correctly. 

If you ever saw him play for Aberdeen you'd understand why we hate him at least

He was finished when he played a hand full of games for Aberdeen and it didn't work out for him. I'm sure there have been many players who have signed for Aberdeen and didn't perform well but I don't see this sort of hatred for them.

35 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

Idiot found.

Did McNamara even do well with Thistle and United? It was Archibald who got Thistle promoted while it was Houston who brought through Armstrong, Mackay-Steven, Gauld and Souttar. McNamaras only decent signings were Robertson and Ciftci.

Archived