Nashville

Quentin Taranbino

Anyone else been watching this? Either US pace or on ch4 (I think there is only a few weeks difference now anyway)

Probably the best new network show from this season and I think it has done quite well to stretch it over so many episodes. Didn't think much of the political storylines but the stuff with Rayna and Juliette is always good as is the Scarlett and Gunnar sub stories. Some good tunes too 8)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been watching this too, UK pace, even though not really into country music but I'm a big fan of Hayden Panettiere and she plays the role of Juliette brilliantly especially when she is in confrontation with Rayna played by Connie Britton. Some of the songs are quite catchy and I believe they've made a soundtrack album that's doing well.

Agree with DMcG that the political story is bit weak especially compared to Boss which I'm also enjoying currently.

I'm watching and enjoying it surprising;y.

Its my new guilty pleasure after Gossip Girl ended..... mainly due to the supreme hotness of Connie Britton and the little pocket rocket Panettierre hummina hummina.

• 4 weeks later...

Was 3 episodes behind UK pace but caught up with those and downloaded and watched the other 5 over the last couple of days. What an outstanding season of television. The finale featured every cliche in the book but it's forgivable since it's been such a strong show.

The soundtrack is brilliant. Country music is absolutely miles from my taste in music but the songs and performances were excellent. Some really great acting performances as well, I thought Hayden had just been brought in to be a pretty face and I never took her seriously as an actress before Nashville but she was fantastic.

I think the core cast of Juliette, Rayna, Deacon, Scarlett and Gunnar are great. Also Avery by the end was one of my favourite characters, not really sure why but I was rooting for him!

Still couldn't really care much for the political side of things, I understand they feel like they need something away from the music side of the business, but I just don't like it - although Powers Booth is great as always!!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just watched the first ep of season 4, still one of my favourite shows! And a great cameo from a music legend.

Just got caught up. All i can say is, thank f**k.

Also, Scarlett & Layla. Wid x 100000000000

• 4 weeks later...

Archived