Gordon EF

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Just got the DVD box set of series 1 and 2 from Amazon for £25! Currently nearly finished series 1, just 1 episode to go.

Lagertha is a pure wee dreamboat.

It's a bit ponderous on occasion, but atmospheric, and that penultimate episode was mental.

Looking forward to series 2, from all accounts it's good, and especially for a couple of well known metal musicians who I believe feature in it!

Then I can concentrate on Series 4 of Game of Thrones which is waiting patiently on the sideboard for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Cracked through the 1 season and half way through season 2 with relative ease. This is superb .

Only watched it because I heard something about it on Talksport, Darren Gough went to learn how to fight with them or something :blink: .

Anyway, it's weird how they are the bad guys yet you want them to win. Maybe it's the Anti English in me :rolleyes: . I have heard Francia mentioned, I hope they have a crack at that soon. Got the chap with Wessex to deal with just now though.

Should be caught up by next weeks episode, I imagine.

Edited to add there is no need for them to show any tits and fanny in this, just good old fashioned blood and gore. Bit more classy than Game Of Thrones :thumsup2 .

Edited by sergie's no1 fan

Started it and on Eps 5 so far. Quite enjoying it! Building up to be a pretty good story!

Is this based on a Series of Books??

It's based on historical events.

Got season 1 today and blasted through 6 episodes. Love it. Will finish the other 3 tomorrow then will pick up series 2 at the weekend.

So aye, Jarl Borg just got the old blood eagle. He'll need a bit of Savlon on that and a couple of plasters at least. I actually kind of liked Jarl Borg. Aye he was an opportunistic f**k to sack Kattegat when Ragnar was still in Wessex, but he had a bit of character about him and a certain pride and straightforward way. He wasn't a sly c**t unlike King Horik who I'm hoping gets his totties soon.

HOLY f**k! FUCKING BLOOD EAGLE! THAT FINAL SHOT!

Just finished season 2. Loving it. Does anyone know how many series they plan to do? Or more specifically how far in to the timeline they go? Or to be more even more specific, will they show the exploits of Ragnar's sons, specifically the Great Heathen Army?

Check this out and listen to the lyrics.