Gordon EF

On 06/01/2021 at 23:19, Bairnardo said:

Just started the last season... Regarding Bjorn.....

Reveal hidden contents

What a way to go out. Not often a character of his stature gets a truly fitting end. Out like an absolute fucking Champion.

Agreed - fantastic. Same with Gunnhild - what a supreme GIRUY!

Spoiler

Got a bit dusty in the room during this 

Vikings lost it's way a bit post Ragnar. It looked in danger of going on to far but having finished it lastnight, they really did round it off perfectly. It's not often you can say that about a long running series. Characters who were built up as heroes all got their appropriate ending, but Bjorn especially who pretty much surpassed Ragnar.

The final scene was beautiful too. Other than Bjorn, Ubbe was the most likeable and credible son of Ragnar so to see him do something as great as making it to America was also fitting.

So Bjorn got stuffed and mounted???
Really enjoyed that, some great moments, the bit where Edge has won but at the same time has nothing was very well done, Didn’t particularly like the Ivan redemption plot, I personally thought he was beyond that after his capers when he was the God/King, but everything got tied up nicely and that’s it finished, it was a bit of a chore to watch once Ragnar wasn’t in it, but I’m glad I did!!!

They stuffed and mounted Bjorn???

• 2 weeks later...

Meh. Some good stuff and some silly stuff. 

Were we supposed to be on Ivar's side? Like KK says, he was way beyond redemption. His betrayal of everyone, his treatment of the folk of Kattegat and his siding with the Rus were all absolutely unforgivable on their own, but combined were way beyond redemption. The moment he and Hvitserk sailed back in to Kattegat they both should have been instantly beaten and imprisoned before being blood eagled.

I think Ivar will go down as one of the most ridiculous and over the top characters on TV. The whole can he/can't he walk infuriated me. The blue eyes stuff was nonsense. His constant smirking and screaming annoyed me.

Hvitserk was just a bit of a bitch and had a totally underwhelming ending.

The Kattegat story petered out quite tamely, as did the Rus story.

Harald was a bit meh too.

Why did Ubbe et all run away from Kjetll (sp?) in Greenland? Looked like they outnumbered him significantly. I get that he was a mental psycho but they could have done this better.

I liked the scenes in Canada and wished we had more of the natives and Ubbe's posse. How did Floki survive and get there? I suppose they don't have to explain everything, like how Alfred was stabbed seemingly through the heart and was fine.

Meh. Some good stuff and some silly stuff. 
Were we supposed to be on Ivar's side? Like KK says, he was way beyond redemption. His betrayal of everyone, his treatment of the folk of Kattegat and his siding with the Rus were all absolutely unforgivable on their own, but combined were way beyond redemption. The moment he and Hvitserk sailed back in to Kattegat they both should have been instantly beaten and imprisoned before being blood eagled.
I think Ivar will go down as one of the most ridiculous and over the top characters on TV. The whole can he/can't he walk infuriated me. The blue eyes stuff was nonsense. His constant smirking and screaming annoyed me.
Hvitserk was just a bit of a bitch and had a totally underwhelming ending.
The Kattegat story petered out quite tamely, as did the Rus story.
Harald was a bit meh too.
Why did Ubbe et all run away from Kjetll (sp?) in Greenland? Looked like they outnumbered him significantly. I get that he was a mental psycho but they could have done this better.
I liked the scenes in Canada and wished we had more of the natives and Ubbe's posse. How did Floki survive and get there? I suppose they don't have to explain everything, like how Alfred was stabbed seemingly through the heart and was fine.

The blue eye stuff is actually medically accurate - I had to look it up, but it is a recognised phenomenon for people with this type of brittle bones disease.

The bit that got me sniffling, unexpectedly was the Harald Finehair scene with his brother. 

The new series of Vikings Valhalla on netflix should be interesting with the Vikings wrestling with Christianity. They have cast a female as Haakon which has caused a stir on some twitter feeds. In a series where there are so many strong female characters I didn't see the need in changing the sex of Haakon.

Edited by the snudge

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Is this worth watching past the point Ecbert dies?

Since Ragnars decline started ive found myself sort of just having it on and paying attention, rather than actually watching it, and it feels like everything is starting to be rushed a bit with new characters appearing every episode, which i never think bodes well with shows.

20 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Is this worth watching past the point Ecbert dies?

Since Ragnars decline started ive found myself sort of just having it on and paying attention, rather than actually watching it, and it feels like everything is starting to be rushed a bit with new characters appearing every episode, which i never think bodes well with shows.

Aye it wasn't the same when that happened, his sons just don't hold the same draw. I stopped watching it a while ago, like TWD i meant to give it another try but just haven't felt that arsed about doing so.

On 27/02/2024 at 15:04, LIVIFOREVER said:

Aye it wasn't the same when that happened, his sons just don't hold the same draw. I stopped watching it a while ago, like TWD i meant to give it another try but just haven't felt that arsed about doing so.

Yeah im definitely struggling and think ill be chucking it soon.

Ivar is fine but the constantly evil laughing and close ups is a pain in the arse, and theres not enough likeable about him to be the main character for me either. The warrior bishop was interesting but hes already been ruined too.

Bleh.

Might rewatch it one day and just treat either Ragnar or Ecberts death as the end.

Edited by RandomGuy.