ICW deserves a thread on its own (have I missed it)

RRFC2711

13 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

Becoming a problem. Top ends of cards looking good still but the further down you go, it thins out.

Coupled to the fact that the current crop coming through just aren't cutting it in the main. 

Dose sound like a work to me, Setting up a surprise return to attack Grado and Red Lightning down the line.

Think we should cut them some slack to cause they lost a few key talent over the last year to the WWE, we forgot sometimes as much as ICW grown, there still a independent promotion in the grand scheme of things.

Edited by bookerman

2 hours ago, bookerman said:

Think we should cut them some slack to cause they lost a few key talent over the last year to the WWE, we forgot sometimes as much as ICW grown, there still a independent promotion in the grand scheme of things.

On one hand I agree, on the other they are the biggest indie in the UK and one of the biggest in the world, plus when your prices have shot up so dramatically in the last 18 months your leeway quotient is much smaller!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-5-12 at 01:16, Randy Giles said:

Lionheart has been outstanding ever since he turned heel.

Agreed. Shame it took him so long to get a sense of who he is as a character as he's been brilliant. 

The several years of being a wee white rip off of the Rock really harmed him. I've barely followed ICW since FaL but his promo for the Joe Hendry match was excellent. Blurring several lines between work and shoot and it does seem like there is an element of real animosity there much like he had with Polo. 

• 2 weeks later...

Pishing myself at the main event too...

Joe Coffey on top and indeed had just hit a move he's finished guys with in the past, the fall from nebula, then fakes an injury to get carried off behind the curtain so that when the match gets called off he can......wait for it....run back through the curtain and PUNCH Jack Jester!

What a masterstroke! 

He also limped off favouring the wrong leg he was holding before hand. Sloppy work!

Edited by Christophe

1 hour ago, Randy Giles said:

Who had he finished with The Fall from Nebula? Genuinely can't remember that ever finishing a match.

Not that walking out of a match you're on top of is sensible whatever way you look at it.

Thought he went through a spell of finishing with that before the discus lariat? May be misremembered, not an ICW expert.

Point stands that it was absolutely ludicrous to go through all that to sneak attack a single punch in when his opponent was grounded at the original point he walked out! 

Edited by Christophe