Metal Gear Solid V

Broken Algorithms

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm slowly starting to get into this when I get time (I've only just fultoned out the puppy)

What stuff should I be concentrating on developing?

Depends on your play style. Do you sneak everywhere and clear everything out methodically or do you charge in guns blazing? I play non lethal so made the tranq gun upgrades my priority.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What a game this is by the way, I bought the definitive collection or whatever its called.  Finding missions to be around an hour long at a time.  Its going to take years for me to complete this.

ETA - I've had one A mission grade, one B and the rest down around E.  I'm shit but enjoying it.

I'm not sure I ever completed this properly, got past what seemed to be the ending, before they then pad it out later on.  It is a wonderful game though - didn't think they'd manage to move to a more open world very well, but it really works.  If they made another one like it (which they obviously won't) and have a "busier" world to play in, like with larger settlements and more to see between them, then it'd be nigh on perfect.

• 7 months later...

Not read the thread as I haven't played it yet, but if you have PS Plus this is free this month! Never done this before; anyone know if the game will remain free after October? Assuming I keep the PS Plus subscription.

38 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Not read the thread as I haven't played it yet, but if you have PS Plus this is free this month! Never done this before; anyone know if the game will remain free after October? Assuming I keep the PS Plus subscription.

i think once its yours, its yours regardless

As long as you download it before November's plus games are released its yours unless your PS Plus subscription runs out. If you renew your subscription you will have the game once more.

I own the physical copy and was looking to go back and play it. I bought it on a midnight release on the 360, little did I know after sinking 50+ hours in the first week that my Xbox was dying and skipped many segments of cutscene (albeit there's already a distinct lack of). I got it when I bought my PS4 but haven't finished it yet, I still want to go back but it feels tedious on the second run through, not replay able in a classic MGS fashion.

On 20/03/2017 at 13:44, one m in Motherwell said:

I keep meaning to go back to this. The final third of the game is pretty poor, but up to then it's stunning - genuinely one of the best I've ever played. Just a pity it sort of limps over the line towards the end :-(

I'm in the same boat. Thoroughly enjoyed the game but fell away near the end. Haven't went back to it since about 3 weeks after it was released.

I think it was because i knew that the later missions were pretty much reruns of missions.

Archived