Arthurlie

RWB

Surprised this isn't in here even if it's a bit old now.

What about Arthurlie's Mark Ross banned for 5 years recently for allegedly head-butting the referee after a game down at Auchinleck a few months ago? 12 points off next season and a £3000 fine for the club to go with it. :o

Flimsy evidence, or put it another way, none, was provided to prove his guilt! Police thought it was nothing and should be ignored. The SJFA turned down the appeal and the penalties stand. Looks like a court case now for the lad involved in the alleged incident. Hopefully the ref backs down now along with the SJFA and the lad can avoid prosecution and get playing again. Looked very good in a game I saw towards the end of the season.

PS. I see Stevie Convery has returned to Dunterlie. He'll be a bit battered and bruised from the last time he played there. Broken nose, jaw (?), ribs and foot with Clyde for starters. They make them tough in the juniors though!

A couple of other Arthurlie players could be heading the other way to senior football I see. http://www.arthurlie.com/

Archived