Free Money

Cheers!

For this type of thing though, are they likely to notice what's happened and not pay out?

Cause I can't be arsed opening two accounts if it might happen!

Also how much would you go for? £100, £500? Or is it too obvious with that kind of amount?

What do you mean 'notice what happened'? It's not a con, or dishonest.

What do you mean 'notice what happened'? It's not a con, or dishonest.

I know, I just mean like when Skybet had a promotion where you could end up with free money they ended up taking the winnings back, obviously this is two different companies so it's completely different but wondered if they would do anything about it.

I know, I just mean like when Skybet had a promotion where you could end up with free money they ended up taking the winnings back, obviously this is two different companies so it's completely different but wondered if they would do anything about it.

They could claim palpable error, but that's unlikely as it's only a 4.5% difference in implied chance between the two companies, and the profit you'd make is 4.76%.

Yeah but someone like Blue will be placing bets when they have miscalculated the odds. It doesn't take long before a bookie starts to limit your size of bet. They are only interested in losing players.

How do they know you're arbing? Also why do they care?

Anything else isn't free money. If people post comments on forums, other people often choose to respond to those comments (novel idea I know).

If their odds are right they should end up in front overall.

I don't even know how to respond to that bit as it seems like you don't know what you're talking about.

Anything else isn't free money. If people post comments on forums, other people often choose to respond to those comments (novel idea I know).

I don't even know how to respond to that bit as it seems like you don't know what you're talking about.

:huh:

When I say "they", I'm talking about bookmakers, and how they know when people arb. Not having a go at your post..

Friday 15th: Wolfsburg v Bayern Munich

Both Teams to score - Yes 6/5 (Stan James)

- No 1/1 (Paddy Power)

Fill your boots

- No 1/1 (Paddy Power)

Fill your boots

- No 1/1 (Paddy Power)

Fill your boots

My apologies but could somone please explain ....

If i put 500 on both bets i could either win 100.00 or Break Even

Aint really buying money if both teams dont Score Or Am i missing something

- No 1/1 (Paddy Power)

Fill your boots

- No 1/1 (Paddy Power)

Fill your boots

- No 1/1 (Paddy Power)

Fill your boots

My apologies but could somone please explain ....

If i put 500 on both bets i could either win 100.00 or Break Even

Aint really buying money if both teams dont Score Or Am i missing something

It's a risk free chance of making £100 in the example you give, so not exactly guaranteed free money but the next best thing.

A general question to all, are examples like this s fairly regular occurence if you go trawling for them?

It happens often enough in the both teams to score betting market. My friend trawls for them and gets one or two a week. Although his level of trawling is quite considerable.

The book makers will not know for sure you are arbing. However if your placing large stakes and winning, the bookie will quickly limit your betting. As I said earlier they want recreational gamblers that are going to lose money long term. If you are making money consistently they are going to stop taking your bets.

When I worked at William Hill certain gamblers were monitored. Every bet they made was added to their database, and you could monitor their profit and their losses, how much they stakes and how many bets they made. On one occasion one person was limited after four bets. So he got his wife to place the bets, once she was limited, he got someone else and so on. A lot harder to do online. William Hill stance was that he must be getting inside information as he was winning consistently. Irrespective if they had a 150% book on a horse race or not!