NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Don’t understand owners coming out and saying they’ll pay the fines when it was them that unanimously voted the new policy in. (With the 49ers abstaining). Bonkers!!

6 hours ago, Bino said:

Don’t understand owners coming out and saying they’ll pay the fines when it was them that unanimously voted the new policy in. (With the 49ers abstaining). Bonkers!!

Expect that there was no vote.......https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-owners-reportedly-didnt-vote-on-the-leagues-new-national-anthem-policy/

On 5/24/2018 at 12:06, RiG said:

Reuben Foster domestic violence case dismissed:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000934068/article/reuben-fosters-domestic-violence-charges-dismissed

Seems that the accuser was making up stuff about him assaulting her to try and get money out of him.

Kind of explains the mealy mouthed response from the 49ers.  

• 2 weeks later...
Trump has cancelled the Eagles White House visit [emoji38]

I’m sad news tho ex 49er Dwight Clarke (the catch) has passed away after suffering from Motor Neurones
Aye, sad to hear, but he was obviously in a bad way when he was guest of honour at a game last year.

https://www.49ers.com/news/49ers-icon-dwight-clark-passes-away?sf191055763=1

I read he had rubbished the report that he had signed
Rapaport tweeted it was a done deal, Kendricks then blasted him saying nothing was complete then duly signed and attended OTA the next day [emoji23]

Having just welcomed back David Quessenberry last season from non Hodgkin lymphoma (after 3 years out), Andre Hal has now been announced as having Hodgkin lymphoma.

40 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Mind when the Jets traded Hackenburg to the Raiders a few weeks ago?

Well the Raiders have released him

To be fair, they only traded a conditional seventh round pick to have a look at him. I would doubt that any conditions have been met, so it won't actually have cost them anything.

To be fair, they only traded a conditional seventh round pick to have a look at him. I would doubt that any conditions have been met, so it won't actually have cost them anything.

Aye they’ve kept the 7th round pick apparently