NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Has anyone watched that Gamechangers show on NFL Network?

Every time I see or hear anything with him I'm very impressed by Matt Barkley. He's the kind of guy you want to succeed and surely if you're taking a punt on a QB it's someone like him who you know if he fails it won't be due to a lack of intelligence, effort or leadership.

I feel sorry for the lad frankly.

So the question is, who is your QB from this draft? I'm throwing my weight behind MB.

Has anyone watched that Gamechangers show on NFL Network?

Every time I see or hear anything with him I'm very impressed by Matt Barkley. He's the kind of guy you want to succeed and surely if you're taking a punt on a QB it's someone like him who you know if he fails it won't be due to a lack of intelligence, effort or leadership.

I feel sorry for the lad frankly.

So the question is, who is your QB from this draft? I'm throwing my weight behind MB.

If I was to take a risk on a player it would be because of his talent on the field. Tyler Bray is an excellent example - massive arm talent but nothing between the ears. If he can enter into a Aaron Rodgers type situation (sit for a couple of years), it's possible he's the best QB in this class.

That being said, "my guys" are Tyler Wilson and Zac Dysert. Wilson's a tough player that carries himself very well and will inspire his teammates. He's the exact opposite of Sanchez in that he doesn't flinch at all under pressure (he was always under pressure), perhaps why I like him. Dysert is similar to Roethlisberger (who's school record he broke). He has a big arm, can escape pressure from the pocket and throw well on the run. Like Wilson, he has all the tools to be successful in a West Coast Offense.

I wouldn't want to draft any of them (2014 is the year), but would like to see them get a shot in the NFL.

I actually feel a bit sorry for JaMarcus and hope he does well. He obviously recognises that he's nearly ruined his life and, by the look of it, is working hard to try and get another shot. Quotes from him today suggesting he wants to find a team with a veteran QB that he can sit behind which shows a wee bit of humility sorely lacking from his Raiders days.

Unfortunately in sport, especially America, mud sticks and he's going to have to work harder than anyone out there to prove he's worth the risk.

Pats have submitted an offer sheet to Pittsburgh WR Emmanuel Sanders. The Steelers have one week to chose to match the offer, if they don't the Pats will give up a 3rd round pick in the Draft.

Sentence for Alfonzo Dennard after punching an off duty police officer: probation for 24 months on each charge, to be served concurrently, but 30 days in jail starting March 1, 2014.

Pretty lenient but let's see what Goodell will give him.

Here's the guys who'll be in attendance at the draft:

Ezekiel Ansah, DE, Brigham Young

Tavon Austin , WR, West Virginia

Jonathan Cooper, G, North Carolina

Eric Fisher, T, Central Michigan

Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida

D.J. Fluker, T, Alabama

Luke Joeckel , T, Texas A&M

Lane Johnson , T, Oklahoma

Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon

Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama

E.J. Manuel, QB, Florida State

Dee Milliner , CB, Alabama

Barkevious Mingo, DE, Louisiana State

Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee

Eric Reid, S, Louisiana State

Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State

Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri

Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia

Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington

Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas

Chance Warmack, G, Alabama

Menelik Watson, T, Florida State

Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State

So who's the unfortunate chap who'll be sitting there awkwardly alone? Bjoern Werner, surely?

I actually feel a bit sorry for JaMarcus and hope he does well. He obviously recognises that he's nearly ruined his life and, by the look of it, is working hard to try and get another shot. Quotes from him today suggesting he wants to find a team with a veteran QB that he can sit behind which shows a wee bit of humility sorely lacking from his Raiders days.

Unfortunately in sport, especially America, mud sticks and he's going to have to work harder than anyone out there to prove he's worth the risk.

I think you've hit the nail on the head, there is no doubt about it he IS the biggest draft bust of all time and what coach/team will be willing to take a punt on him.

I've only got 2 definites in my mock draft.

Joeckel to the Chiefs at 1 and Sheriff Floyd to the Raiders at 3

Expect the Dolphins to trade up with the Raiders and blow that to shit.

My hunch is Dion Jordan to the Jags. He fits in perfectly to Gus Bradley's scheme as a 4-3 DE and 3-4 OLB that can also cover the slot and tight ends at times. Wouldn't be too surprised if they picked up a QB though. New coach and GM that has no affiliation with Gabbert so why give him another opportunity when it's patently obvious he's not the guy.

In a lot of ways this is the most intriguing draft I can remember and it's all the better for it as far as I'm concerned.

With that in mind I'm going to post a few draft questions/issues if any of you have five minutes to pass. I'll try to stick mainly to the first round and big names.

Predict, in order, the first five QBs taken.

Which round, if any, does Marcus Lattimore go in?

Which school will have the most prospects taken in the first round?

Which round, if any, is Tyrann Mathieu taken?

Who will be the big faller in the draft?

Which position will be most drafted in the first round?

Which team(s), if any, trades back into the first round and for who?

Where does Manti Te'o end up?

Give us a surprise pick.

Finally, and most importantly, who do the Kansas City Chiefs select with thr first overall pick?

I don't have answers for some of these myself yet so I'll come back later and answer them.