NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

The NFL is considering introducing a 15 yard penalty against teams / players that kneel. Looking forward to players on both teams kneeling now so the penalties offset.

The NFL is considering introducing a 15 yard penalty against teams / players that kneel. Looking forward to players on both teams kneeling now so the penalties offset.

f**k the NFL. f**k Roger Goodell. Worst commissioner in North American sports.

34 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Disgusting decision from the NFL, I see our CEO has already come out and said he’ll pay the fines for the players. I can’t see this doing anything other than backfiring.

Jed York has come out and said if the plsyers have to respect the Anthem then so do the fans.  No food stalls will be open during the anthem.  

3 hours ago, Swarley said:

Prediction time, players who previously knelt will now hold up banners saying "f**k Trump' or suchlike. Hopefully.

Theyll either turn their backs or just stay in the locker room. 

On 21/05/2018 at 17:50, Bino said:

I know, I was shocked when I read some old threads last night and seen I wasn’t alone. 

As for the OL, DW4 even made Brendan Giacomini look semi respectable last year so there’s hope for us and all our newbies yet

Then there’s our DL. Delighted to ‘lose’ Vrabel. Romeo will hopefully get us back to our best. Bring it on!!

On 22/05/2018 at 20:38, Bino said:

Can you not curse Patrick Maholmes instead? Remember we had Brock Osweiler, (who I was excited about at the time). Rookie error 

Think we deserve a superstar instead!! 

Our OL will definitely be better the question will be how much better. A solid improvement, coupled with bolstering our receiving options behind Nuk and Watson could tear up the league this year. Was also foolishly optimistic about Brock at the time. That didn't last long. So I'm trying not to get too carried away this time although it is a chalk and cheese situation.

Re: Vrabel, I was genuinely pleased to see him go and will be delighted if the Titans tank as a result. I don't have a huge hatred for the Titans as the Oilers thing was long before I started watching, but seeing Dee4life wound up on here is always delightful.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Theyll either turn their backs or just stay in the locker room. 

Or try something clever with the definition of "on the field".

Yeah, hopefully this blows up in their faces and a huge climb-down will be in order from the NFL. Enforced patriotism isn't really patriotism at all.

Completely agree, that is not a free country that is complete authoritarianism. Every single player should stay in the dressing room until after the Anthem, just for the shits and giggles that action would produce, the fallout could be spectacular!!!