NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

22 hours ago, Broomhill Ultra said:

I know almost nothing about American Football but always thought 32(?) is a ridiculously low number of teams for a country the size of America. I know there is a franchise system and no relegation from it but what is the structure below this level of the sport?

There isn't any,  not in the sense that you mean. It's actually a positive, it means even the smaller teams have fanbases that can be counted in the several millions. There's a 'professional' arena league which has different rules and tends to be in cities without nfl teams but it's like comparing the premier league to the Ryman premier league north west south eastern. 

On 11/03/2018 at 23:42, die hard doonhamer said:

We've released episode 1. Have a listen, let me know if you think I'm talking shite!

Clicky

Enjoyed that mate. This upcoming season will be my first watching NFL fully, so this provided a good insight to a few players and and free agency etc. Looking forward to the next episode now, will they be weekly?

Enjoyed that mate. This upcoming season will be my first watching NFL fully, so this provided a good insight to a few players and and free agency etc. Looking forward to the next episode now, will they be weekly?

Thanks for listening! Glad you enjoyed it.

We'll be releasing them fortnightly during the off season, then weekly once it kicks off again in September.

3 hours ago, Spain said:

Not all that surprising but still disappointing  - CJ Fiedorowicz retires at only 26 after taking 3 concussions last year.

Stephen Anderson looked promising in the 2nd game against us last season. I've stashed him on a few of my fantasy dynasty leagues.

2 hours ago, Swarley said:

As I said on Twatter, I know Russell Wilson is good but I didn't expect him to play all positions next season.

He's no Mariota!

Mariota2.JPG.a701bb3eabb84190eb284f449395032d.JPG

There isn't any,  not in the sense that you mean. It's actually a positive, it means even the smaller teams have fanbases that can be counted in the several millions. There's a 'professional' arena league which has different rules and tends to be in cities without nfl teams but it's like comparing the premier league to the Ryman premier league north west south eastern. 

Thanks, so is there an amateur/grassroots structure at all?

12 hours ago, Antiochas III said:

Bengals LB Burfict hit with 4 game ban for use of PEDs.  If appeal unsuccessful his Gaurenteed money is void ($11.5m) so Bengals could cut him if they wanted to.

8 hours ago, Dee4Life1893 said:

Well I doubt anyone would take him now.

39BA2AD2-6AE3-4225-9DA0-4E2642CE6405.thumb.jpeg.4e314dc1df126c635c12c94848c3794c.jpeg

Some major rule changes to be discussed that may stop those "Patriot" decisions..

1. Pass Rule.  Looks like if the changes stick they're stripping away most of the ifs and buts.  

2. Jets propose to make Pass Interference a 15 yard penalty unless referees decide it was intentional (?)

3. Chargers propose making roughing the passer and defenseless receiver fouls reviewable

4. Redskins propose all Professional fouls reviewable