NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

2 hours ago, EdTheDuck said:

So, the Eagles win it all after 57 years. The Red Sox and the damn Cubs have won their championships after God alone knows how long. Even Hibs, in the name of all that's holy, won the Scottish Cup again.

Detroit Lions?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

So, the Eagles win it all after 57 years. The Red Sox and the damn Cubs have won their championships after God alone knows how long. Even Hibs, in the name of all that's holy, won the Scottish Cup again.
Detroit Lions

You never know, our new Head Coach has just been announced and he's used to a bit of silverware at the end of the season!!!
IMG_3111.jpg
Matt Patricia... I'm happy with that!!!

5 hours ago, Dissertation Student said:

Hi Guys,

Doing my university dissertation on how Scottish football can increase attendance figures. I investigate the current state of the game as well as how feasible it would be to adopt any NFL (American Football) practices into the Scottish game. 

This is an anonymous survey and you need to be 18 or over to take part. Please follow this link: https://edinburgh.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/scottish-football-how-to-bring-the-glory-days-back

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

NFL and american sports culture in general are very different to football. Fox just signed a TV deal to show 11 Thursday night NFL games for $660m each year.  The Super Bowl was held in a stadium that cost over a Billion dollars. Comparing the practices of a multi-billion dollar league to the diddy Scottish football set up is ridiculous.

Good luck with it anyhow.

Had a look through it, but it kinda misses the biggest point on parity - the draft system.

Make all youth development independent from the clubs and devise a draft system* alongside some of the suggestions in the survey and you might be on to something. You would have to come up with a system for determining if and when a player would become eligible to enter the draft but being centralised that should be fairly simple to come up with. Would still be far too revolutionary to ever happen though.

*Example Draft to account for league structure:

Leagues pick in reverse order, i.e. this year Hibs would have had #1.1 pick, Celtic #1.12, and ICT #2.13.

Round 1 - Premiership teams

Round 2 - Premiership teams then Championship teams

Round 3 - As previous round then League One teams

Round 4 - As previous round then League Two teams

Edited by Spain

Had a look through it, but it kinda misses the biggest point on parity - the draft system. Make all youth development independent from the clubs and devise a draft system* alongside some of the suggestions in the survey and you might be on to something. You would have to come up with a system for determining if and when a player would become eligible to enter the draft but being centralised that should be fairly simple to come up with. Would still be far too revolutionary to ever happen though.

*Example Draft to account for league structure:

Leagues pick in reverse order, i.e. this year Hibs would have had #1.1 pick, Celtic #1.12, and ICT #2.13.

Round 1 - Premiership teams

Round 2 - Premiership teams then Championship teams

Round 3 - As previous round then League One teams

Round 4 - As previous round then League Two teams

There’s nowhere near enough money in the game for that to happen though and there never will be. The logistics also wouldn’t work. Can’t have a youngster from Glasgow drafted by Elgin for example.

I don’t think you can compare the two in any way either but I completed the survey.

I support Arbroath regardless*, facilities at grounds, set up of the league structure etc don’t matter a bit, imagine that’s the same with the vast majority of Scottish fans too. Special kind of love to brave travelling across the country and standing outside frozen in December watching a football game. There’s no soft touch supporters in Scotland that will be bothered about facilities, events, grounds etc.

* this would change if colt teams were introduced though

http://www.espn.co.uk/nfl/story/_/id/22349872/josh-mcdaniels-spurns-indianapolis-colts-remain-new-england-patriots

180 by McDaniels and he now remains as Patriots OC. Obviously Kraft sweetened the deal - I'm thinking he takes over the head coach job when Palpatine hangs up the sleeveless hoodie ?

Apparently some assistants had already committed to contracts with he Colts !