NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Hard to say. If he had already served the ban I don't think they would have won as many games and would probably be out of contention already.

They started 3-3, with wins against the giants, cardinals and 49ers. I think they'd have won those games without him as well.

They could conceivably go 1-5 without him over the next 6 games.

They started 3-3, with wins against the giants, cardinals and 49ers. I think they'd have won those games without him as well.

They could conceivably go 1-5 without him over the next 6 games.

He was a 1 man wrecking crew against the 49ers, they may well still have won but the whole momentum of the game was down to Elliot's performance. I was reading the statement about it at work last night, Fact is, he was missing 4 games anyway as the circuit court doesn't sit again until December. The whole thing has been handled dreadfully. Goodell getting a lot of flak about it.

Tmz released footage of Jarvis Landry pushing his pregnant wife. Which, dare I say, isn't actually that bad. Twitter comments are full of raging Cowgirls fans ferociously going to bat for their own woman beater.

Tmz released footage of Jarvis Landry pushing his pregnant wife. Which, dare I say, isn't actually that bad. Twitter comments are full of raging Cowgirls fans ferociously going to bat for their own (alledged) woman beater.
FTFY

10 hours ago, jakedee said:

FTFY

Did the Cowboys fans mention his sexual harrasement and barroom violance as well?  All within a Rookie year.  

Goddell is a c**t of the highest order but best thing he has done for Elliots career has suspended him for only 1 incident that might make him get his head screwed on.

6 minutes ago, jakedee said:

So, a player who has not been arrested or charged,never mind found guilty of any offence, can be banned by the league for accusations.Elliot may be a twat,but this sets a dangerous precedence.

Ben Roethlisberger was suspended for his rape allegation without a charge or arrest. 

Ben Roethlisberger was suspended for his rape allegation without a charge or arrest.

So the NFL are a law unto themselves? Does it make it right? This opens the door for accusations to be flung around in the hope an opponent is banned.Strange.

28 minutes ago, jakedee said:

So the NFL are a law unto themselves? Does it make it right? This opens the door for accusations to be flung around in the hope an opponent is banned.Strange.

NFL have clearly investigated it and deemed it significant enough to ban him for 6 games. Jarvis Landry had an incident which they investigated and didn't ban him for. 

NFL are obviously suspending players for bringing the league into disrepute whether there were charged or not. Should a player see no consequences for their actions just because that have enough money to keep someone quiet?

11 minutes ago, jakedee said:

I'm against it. Just pointing out that this has been happening under Goodell. Profits are way up, but that's the same for every big sports league in the world because of the TV rights bubble. He's fucked up so much about the league by centralizing power in himself and new seven figure bureaucratic hires in the league office. The power has moved away from the owners, who I would argue have the long term interests of the league most in mind. His judge, jury, executioner role is one way along with hiring a high powered league investigative unit.

8 minutes ago, GingerSaint said:

NFL have clearly investigated it and deemed it significant enough to ban him for 6 games. Jarvis Landry had an incident which they investigated and didn't ban him for. 

NFL are obviously suspending players for bringing the league into disrepute whether there were charged or not. Should a player see no consequences for their actions just because that have enough money to keep someone quiet?

They are doing it with a system that divides ownership, poisons the relationship with the players union, and creates confusion and anger amongst their core fanbase. 

NFL have clearly investigated it and deemed it significant enough to ban him for 6 games.
Yet the police have investigated it, and found nothing to charge him with. I am not defending Elliot,as he clearly is unhinged,but a system that allows players to be banned,because an accusation has been made against him, is strange.

16 minutes ago, jakedee said:

Yet the police have investigated it, and found nothing to charge him with. I am not defending Elliot,as he clearly is unhinged,but a system that allows players to be banned,because an accusation has been made against him, is strange.

That's not the system but even if it was, you need to remember Elliot works for the NFL.  It is the same NFL that will ban players for actually doing something that is legal in a few NFL States.  

17 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

That's not the system but even if it was, you need to remember Elliot works for the NFL.  It is the same NFL that will ban players for actually doing something that is legal in a few NFL States.  

Right, but they only get suspended with proof and there's clear rules about the penalties. 

58 minutes ago, jakedee said:

What I'm saying is that the NFL aren't just a banning him because of an accusation. They are banning him because they investigated that accusation and found something worth a suspension. 

Just now, GingerSaint said:

What I'm saying is that the NFL aren't just a banning him because of an accusation. They are banning him because they investigated that accusation and found something worth a suspension. 

I don't think they get that the NFL don't need the same amount of proof as the legal system to ban someone.  They just need enough that the player has brought the company into disripute.  

Elliot should count himself lucky that there was only 1 charge when it should have been three.