NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Must say that the timing of Vontae Davis being released was a surprise.  I doubt he would have been re-signed next season and he really hasn't been justifying his salary in the last few seasons but there is absolutely no hope of anyone picking up his outstanding salary for this year unless they want to extend his contract and prevent him from making free agency.  I can only see one team that would even contemplate such a move [awaits announcement from Sashi Brown]

35 minutes ago, strichener said:

Must say that the timing of Vontae Davis being released was a surprise.  I doubt he would have been re-signed next season and he really hasn't been justifying his salary in the last few seasons but there is absolutely no hope of anyone picking up his outstanding salary for this year unless they want to extend his contract and prevent him from making free agency.  I can only see one team that would even contemplate such a move [awaits announcement from Sashi Brown]

Pagano said ...

"Obviously everybody knows about the release of Vontae Davis,” Pagano said. “Every decision that we make — that I make — is based on two things, and that’s what’s best for the football team — the team — and what gives us the best chance to win. This isn’t about one guy, OK? Nobody is bigger than the team, and that starts with me, OK? I’m not — nobody is. Only thing that matters is the football team, and winning. We love Vontae. I love Vontae. I’m grateful for the contributions that he’s made over the last six years. We’ve been together for a long time; he’s done a lot of great things for us.

Whenever I've seen him on the field, he's been the Colts best defensive player. Strange situation.

5 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

It’s not really that strange, Pagano is a fucking idiot and shite HC.

Strange that he is still able to make or help make decisions that affect the franchise past this year.

21 hours ago, GingerSaint said:

Pagano said ...

"Obviously everybody knows about the release of Vontae Davis,” Pagano said. “Every decision that we make — that I make — is based on two things, and that’s what’s best for the football team — the team — and what gives us the best chance to win. This isn’t about one guy, OK? Nobody is bigger than the team, and that starts with me, OK? I’m not — nobody is. Only thing that matters is the football team, and winning. We love Vontae. I love Vontae. I’m grateful for the contributions that he’s made over the last six years. We’ve been together for a long time; he’s done a lot of great things for us.

Whenever I've seen him on the field, he's been the Colts best defensive player. Strange situation.

Tallest dwarf!  It isn't difficult to be the best in a Colts D.

20 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

It’s not really that strange, Pagano is a fucking idiot and shite HC.

He isn't an idiot but he is without doubt a shite HC.

14 hours ago, GingerSaint said:

Strange that he is still able to make or help make decisions that affect the franchise past this year.

Completely agree with this.

7 minutes ago, thekorean said:

Sees the Browns-Lions score.

Um, what?

Browns could be winning if they didn't f**k it up just before half time. Check out the other thread with all the week 10 discussion.

Elliot drops his appeal against suspension.  Is it just me or have the Cowboys fucked this.  Because of the appeals he's missing the business end of the season

Hard to say. If he had already served the ban I don't think they would have won as many games and would probably be out of contention already.