NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

6 hours ago, peasy23 said:

So the Eagles see off the Panthers in a tight game on TNF. Haven't seen much of them so far this season, are they the real deal?

They should, hopefully, have enough to make the playoffs but as Antiochas says they won't be anywhere near the Superbowl. I've unfortunately not seen too much of them this season mostly just highlights but the defence looks strong, especially with the return of Fletcher Cox. Offence looks decent especially with WRs who seem able to catch the ball this season, and a good RB in Blount. Wentz will only keep getting better. 

So playoffs should be realistic, if the injury Gods keep being relatively kind to us

Eagles are completely fine. They've played most their games away from home, and have done very well.

They have arguably the best combined offence and defensive lines in football. Otherwise their secondary is bad; made worse by Derby's injury and a committee at running back. Their WR group is hit or miss, but Wentz has sorted his mechanics and isn't afraid to run the ball.

Playoffs but they won't be at the superbowl.

49ers have released Navarro Bowman. It seems he was told that with the defensive system they are wanting to play that the coaching staff felt it would be better for him and the team if he sat out a few downs now and again. He wasn't happy and made it clear that he didn't agree that he needed to rest during games and after a bit of back and forward he asked to be traded. Really miffed it has come to this, Rueben Foster is on the comeback trail but Bowman has held that defense together at times.

6 minutes ago, NathanQP said:

Kaepernick to Packers surely, surely?!

This is why they drafted Hundley. Packers don't feel like the reactionary type of franchise to panic buy.  I'd be surprised to see them pick him up.

On 13/10/2017 at 23:40, peasy23 said:

49ers have released Navarro Bowman. It seems he was told that with the defensive system they are wanting to play that the coaching staff felt it would be better for him and the team if he sat out a few downs now and again. He wasn't happy and made it clear that he didn't agree that he needed to rest during games and after a bit of back and forward he asked to be traded. Really miffed it has come to this, Rueben Foster is on the comeback trail but Bowman has held that defense together at times.

I was quite surprised when I saw this over the weekend but I think I read somewhere that the Niners see Foster as their ILB going forward and not Bowman so he was going to be moved to OLB which didn't sit well with him. Also, he had apparently played a lot of snaps the week before and, because the 49ers are in the middle of a run of three road games, they were resting him more to keep him fresh.

Perhaps most interestingly, according to the Sacremento Bee, Bowman apparently backed down from requesting a trade but his agent was told that the Niners had moved on and he was going to be traded / released.

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article177834626.html