NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

If the quotes from John Mara are anything to go by, I don't think he's going anywhere.

"All I can tell you is that we're aware of all the allegations, and I believe all the facts and circumstances, and we were comfortable with our decision to re-sign him"

Will be interesting to see how this one pans out.

In that case I hope someone "roughs the kicker" and breaks his leg

16 minutes ago, Paul Marnie said:

Absolute mental. 

8 minutes ago, Paul Marnie said:

If the quotes from John Mara are anything to go by, I don't think he's going anywhere.

"All I can tell you is that we're aware of all the allegations, and I believe all the facts and circumstances, and we were comfortable with our decision to re-sign him"

Will be interesting to see how this one pans out.

f**k Mara.  He's such of a classy guy he probably knew he was a wife beater when he offered him the contract.  Would not have happened under his old man!

22 hours ago, Paul Marnie said:

Chargers offer was an absolute joke, Bosa has been right not to sign. Hope he re-enters the draft next year

31 minutes ago, Stewbo said:

Chargers offer was an absolute joke, Bosa has been right not to sign. Hope he re-enters the draft next year

What leverage does he have? How will this now affect his standing among teammates? Bosa comes out worse IMO.

4 hours ago, Stewbo said:

He's done himself out of a 14.5m contract, there's no way in hell he will be drafted 3rd overall next year. 

They basically didnt want to pay him most of his signing bonus this year, and if they released him didnt want to pay up the remainder of his contract. Both of those things havent been in a rookie contract since the most recent CBA was signed, so why should Bosa agree to it?!

The Chargers are being cheap, and it'll probably cost them their 3rd overall pick that they sorely needed. Such a shitty little franchise

I would prefer them to stay in Oakland, "bad boys" and all that, LV seems too anodyne

Would prefer Oakland to LV anyways, just seems a bit strange, I'm not an expert on Vegas but it doesn't really strike me as a sporting city? Could be completely wrong but can't think of any other big sports teams that play out of there? Surely must have some sort of demand for it if they're considering it?

Not a huge city either is it?

11 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Would prefer Oakland to LV anyways, just seems a bit strange, I'm not an expert on Vegas but it doesn't really strike me as a sporting city? Could be completely wrong but can't think of any other big sports teams that play out of there? Surely must have some sort of demand for it if they're considering it?

Not a huge city either is it?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

It'll be a tourist hotbed though so they won't have to rely on too many hardcore fans. I know I plan on going to Vegas again (I went after Houston & taking in a Texans game last time) and if there was a team there I'd take in a game regardless of who it was.

8 minutes ago, Spain said:

It'll be a tourist hotbed though so they won't have to rely on too many hardcore fans. I know I plan on going to Vegas again (I went after Houston & taking in a Texans game last time) and if there was a team there I'd take in a game regardless of who it was.

This, over 800,000 visitors a week. You'd basically have a different crowd every home game spending a fortune buying Jerseys, hats and whatever other merchandise.