House of Cards

crisp_packet

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched the first episode and fell asleep halfway through, doesn't bode well. Thought the fourth season was quite a bit better than the third, which was bollocks, but watching it back recently the first season shits all over the rest, it's really not lived up to the potential it should have.

I watched half of the first episode from the fifth season last night, & I must say that it was pretty underwhelming in comparison to season four. I also felt that the scene that included Frank making his 'plea' in the house of representatives to be a tad dramatic.

I've binged my way through the new series this week and I thought it was back to near the shows best to be honest.  My only complaint would be that it almost felt as though they ran out of room towards the end.  Lots happened very quickly.  Could almost have done with another episode or two.

I'm not gonna read above for sake of spoilers so please quote my post if you reply to me please.

Really, really struggled to get into this. Didn't get the hype for several years. Forced myself to watch it and after the 3rd episode I was hooked. Absolutely loving it and rattled through to season 3.

Doug Stamper is one of my favourite episodes but the first episode of season 3 completely bored me, to the point where I've tried watching it 3 times and yet to finish the episode. I'll eventually get through it but is there hope that it improves? Hope it's not a dud of a season.

Meechum's relationship with the Underwood's is interesting and I think it's quite clear that Frank is homosexual? I saw that there was some discussion online about it. I don't really know why it's a 'thing' but it's interesting due to the fact that Kevin Spacey's sexuality is a little bit ambiguous in real life so I imagine he enjoys playing with that concept of is he/isn't he.

Anyways cracking drama but jaded after that first episode.

10 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm not gonna read above for sake of spoilers so please quote my post if you reply to me please.

Really, really struggled to get into this. Didn't get the hype for several years. Forced myself to watch it and after the 3rd episode I was hooked. Absolutely loving it and rattled through to season 3.

Doug Stamper is one of my favourite episodes but the first episode of season 3 completely bored me, to the point where I've tried watching it 3 times and yet to finish the episode. I'll eventually get through it but is there hope that it improves? Hope it's not a dud of a season.

Meechum's relationship with the Underwood's is interesting and I think it's quite clear that Frank is homosexual? I saw that there was some discussion online about it. I don't really know why it's a 'thing' but it's interesting due to the fact that Kevin Spacey's sexuality is a little bit ambiguous in real life so I imagine he enjoys playing with that concept of is he/isn't he.

Yeah, you just need to power through S3.  It's by far the weakest.  S4 was much better and S5 was an absolute return to form I thought.

18 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Season 3 really isn't good, the one saving grace is the portrayal of Doug Stamper throughout. Season 4 was very decent but imo Season 5 is a complete load of nothing, fell asleep numerous times during it. A long and unpleasant binge on that one for me. Hope they end it soon tbh.

Didn't think 5 was all that bad as being suggested here and elsewhere online. The show has fallen away overall from the excellent first two seasons but thought 5 was as good as there has been since then...

I'd go 2,1,5,4,3 as order of preference in seasons for me

Just finished season 5.

Spoiler

What the hell is up with this show? 4 seasons of him reaching the top, always determined to stay there...and now? Gives it all up for some vague sense of power in the private sector?? Utter bollocks, jumped the shark, it has really lost me now.

• 3 weeks later...

Too slow in the first half of the season, too fast in the second half. Not sure I find the last couple of episodes all that believable either, due to the point raised by scottsdad in the spoiler above.

• 2 weeks later...

Got to the end of season five and by that point literally gave zero fucks about any of the characters. The fact it's set up for yet another season is a farce and can't say I'll be continuing with it.

Archived