Mogwai fans - gies some help

Jimmy85

"Yes I am a long way from home" was brilliant - so long since I've heard that live! Took me back to a storming night at the Liquid Rooms in late 90s when they had a big Winnie Poo on stage by drums. Sure Aidan came on stage as a second drummer that night.

They're superb live - would happily see them again tonight!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This is our post-rock thread yeah?

Will just leave this here then for whoever is interested:

This Will Destroy You, 1/9/14, Mono

Will be heading to that, seen them a few times and they've been great. Also really excited about the new album after hearing Dustism.

There are some great post-rock bands releasing albums in September/October; TWDY, Jakob, Beware of Safety and Kontakte. Exciting times.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Bump. 20th anniversary shows this week. Going to Barrowlands on Saturday, then Roundhouse on Thursday. I can't bloody wait!

They're doing a collection for local food banks beforehand, dump stuff at door where signed. Need non-perishables, tins, cereals, pastas, sauces etc etc. Great cause.

Mogwai skateboard anyone? I'm about 20 years too old!post-28011-14346471721358_thumb.jpg

Bump. 20th anniversary shows this week. Going to Barrowlands on Saturday, then Roundhouse on Thursday. I can't bloody wait!

They're doing a collection for local food banks beforehand, dump stuff at door where signed. Need non-perishables, tins, cereals, pastas, sauces etc etc. Great cause.

Mogwai skateboard anyone? I'm about 20 years too old!attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1434647171.867981.jpg

Ridiculously excited for the Barras show, mostly due to Prolapse tbh, but should be a cracking night all round.

Mogwai & Prolapse were accccce. Lots of people who didn't know Prolapse were utterly confounded/horrified by the performance of 'Tina, This is Matthew Stone' though. It was amazing and uncomfortable.

Edited by Christophe

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Tickets bought. My first gig at the Hydro.

Only downside is I would guess this means they won't be doing any other Scottish shows in 2017. I was hoping for a tour off the back of the new record.

Will be interesting to see how they do some of the old songs without John Cummings.

Feels odd to have a Christmas night out in the diary already.

4 minutes ago, mrcat1990 said:

Probably not. Imagine be one of those hydro gigs they close most the seating and standing is just about full.

Right, was wondering that.  Hope it goes well for them   I'm 90% decided on going.  I do prefer a seat these days though :(