Nile Ranger

Sloop John B

You know what I hate most about guys like him? Countless guys his age would kill to be in the position that he's in, in terms of a career. Those guys weren't picked to play for a side like Newcastle like him and while they maybe had the right attitude, they just lacked that little bit of ability that was needed.

Can't possibly comment on Ranger's ability but he obviously has some. It's just a shame that those who missed out on some kind of dream have probably fallen out of love with the game or are playing amateur, while he warns thousands a week for doing literally nothing.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what I hate most about guys like him? Countless guys his age would kill to be in the position that he's in, in terms of a career. Those guys weren't picked to play for a side like Newcastle like him and while they maybe had the right attitude, they just lacked that little bit of ability that was needed.

Can't possibly comment on Ranger's ability but he obviously has some. It's just a shame that those who missed out on some kind of dream have probably fallen out of love with the game or are playing amateur, while he warns thousands a week for doing literally nothing.

He didn't win a competition on the back of a cereal packet to play for Newcastle though, he was picked because he was better than everyone else and when he was younger obviously worked very hard at his game. He earned his contracts through his own hard work and ability, not by luck. The guy clearly has issues, but I don't like when the 'people would have killed to have his talent' line is used of footballers, as if 'football talent' is just given to a few lucky people at birth and then some decide to waste it.

He didn't win a competition on the back of a cereal packet to play for Newcastle though, he was picked because he was better than everyone else and when he was younger obviously worked very hard at his game. He earned his contracts through his own hard work and ability, not by luck. The guy clearly has issues, but I don't like when the 'people would have killed to have his talent' line is used of footballers, as if 'football talent' is just given to a few lucky people at birth and then some decide to waste it.

Think you've misunderstood me mate. I'm agreeing he of course has considerable talent as someone with his track record wouldn't be touched if he was pish. All I'm saying is it makes you somewhat sympathetic for the guys out there who had a great attitude and love for the game but just couldn't quite cut it at a good level.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Guys like ranger people talking about talent up there, that's usually not the issue it at that level it actually tends to be physically players are separated not on talent.  At 18 or 19 i bet he was an absolute tank that would just destroy his peers physically and almost certainly quick too.   There are extremely talented players playing league two perhaps more talented than even some premiership players but who won't have the physical attributes to cope at that level. 

Though obviously also a complete idiot on a long route to jail.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On ‎14‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 11:59, NorthernLights said:

On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 23:33, NorthernLights said:

Jailed for fraud: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40021308

Wood Green Crown Court heard a woman lost more than £2,000 in the scam.

At Newcastle he was getting £3,500 a week, and he has finally resorted to scamming a lady out of £2,000. 

What a complete twat. 

• 7 months later...

Archived