PS4 or Xbox

Ludo*1

387 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It is 10p a day. Ten little pennies. You probably lose more than that per day in dropping spare change throughout the course of a year! As I said before, I don't see the problem paying that for a service I use so much.

There are hundreds of massive companies out there. Sony were the only ones to leave such an incredible amount of data so poorly guarded.

It's still the cost of a game, I'd much rather play an extra game per year than pay for online.

Plenty of companies get hacked and data is lost. Security measures are only useful if the people designing them are better than the hackers which may not always be the case.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably neither, unfortunately. With the possibility of various Highstreet retailers going out of business and pre-owned games being essentially banned(that includes swapping with a mate), console games are only going to go up in price. I'm fully expecting launch games for both consoles to be around the £50 mark.

It's as good a time to go over to PC as any.

I'll be sticking with my trusty PC. Although a number of games that the PC gets are ports I just find it a far better gaming experience.

I can upgrade my PC whenever I like to improve the performance whereas with a console I have to wait 8 years for someone else to do it. This console cycle has lasted far too long and the experience just doesn't come close to a decent gaming PC imo.

Plus keyboard and mouse is just dandy.

How do you know what the Xbox / PS4 exclusives would be? :huh:

I should have been more specific, the only reason I own an Xbox these days is for Gears of War, everything else I play on PC. I highly doubt the Gears series will be brought out for the PS4.

I'll be sticking with my trusty PC. Although a number of games that the PC gets are ports I just find it a far better gaming experience.

I can upgrade my PC whenever I like to improve the performance whereas with a console I have to wait 8 years for someone else to do it. This console cycle has lasted far too long and the experience just doesn't come close to a decent gaming PC imo.

Plus keyboard and mouse is just dandy.

A couple of years ago I wouldn't have agreed with you, but now I absolutely do.

I had 4 360s and got RROD 4 times. I got fed up with it. It's a good piece of kit when it's working but after switching to PS3 I wouldn't go back. The only thing I miss is the 360 controller.

I had a PS2 and only got a 360 in the first place because it was out first. I can see the same thing happening though if the Xbox is out first again.

I had 4 360s and got RROD 4 times. I got fed up with it. It's a good piece of kit when it's working but after switching to PS3 I wouldn't go back. The only thing I miss is the 360 controller.

I had a PS2 and only got a 360 in the first place because it was out first. I can see the same thing happening though if the Xbox is out first again.

Do you keep your Xbox in a hot, dusty cupboard? :P

Will be the Xbox for me. I have had one console which got RROD and went out and bought another one which has lasted fine. Would think all my mates will stick to the Xbox too.

There are fewer and fewer exclusives these days but I do really like Gears of War so would be another reason for me to stock to Xbox.

My console history is Master System - Megae Drive - PS1 - PS2 - Xbox 360 and I've also got a Wii and had a few Gameboys and a Nintendo DS.

Still using my first xbox tho its been alot noisier since its trip to Germany....

My history reads like this

Atari 2600 , Spectrum, Master System, Mega Drive, Mega CD, Xbox, Xbox 360

I had RROD a ridiculous amount of times. Still never even considered getting a PS3. Really, I only got the 360 because it was out well before the PS4, but I absolutely loved it and most of my mates turned to the 360 soon after - some bought the PS3 first then ended up getting a 360 and it's the 360 they still play to this day, and only go to the PS3 now and again for the likes of Uncharted. Re: the question about controllers ... the 360 controller wins hands down. It's the best controller ever made.

I really don't know which way I'll go this time. I'd imagine I'll end up with the next Xbox but I'd rather read and know much more about both machines than what's out there just now, before deciding.

(PS commodore 64 - sega mega drive - n64 - ps1 - ps2 - xbox 360 and I've owned a Nintendo 3ds for about 3 weeks before deciding it was shit)

Amiga 500 > GX 4000 (google it kids!) > Megadrive > Snes > Playstation > Wii

I should point out that between myself and my brother, we had something like 3 games for the GX 4000, 5 for the Megadrive, and 2 for the SNES. And I never really played the PSX much, it was my brother's console. I had something like 3 games for it. To be honest, I played my Amiga right up to the Wii. I still play my Amiga on Emulator on and off. I'm so cool.

Sega game gear fuckers. As for the next gen xbox got a serious jump on the ps3 by coming out so much earlier but the rrod killed it for me i went through 3 in a year before going over to Sony four years on and the black beast is still going strong.

No and after the first one went I bought one of those ridiculous fans to attach to it too. It was like playing with an aeroplane taking off in the background!

Those fans are complete shite. I got the RROD with my first Xbox, which had the fan attached to it at all times. It was noisy as f**k, and after it broke I notice that the fan was actually burning the area on the Xbox around which it's plugged in! Got a new Xbox, still an original Xbox, and I've had absolutely no problems with this one since. I'll definitely be sticking with the Xbox when the new consoles come out. I'm also a casual PC gamer, as I play a fair amount of strategy games, that are largely unavailable on the PC, and those that are available are severely hindered with the 360 controller. Besides all these reasons, I don't have a single friend that has a PS3, without an Xbox.

In two years I had two RROD, different new console each time and it wasn't in a cupboard or in a dusty place.

Got a PS3 4 years ago and it's still going strong, as far as consoles go the PS3 was just simply far better, I miss not being able to play with more of my mates though tbh.

Archived