PS4 or Xbox

Ludo*1

387 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

More and more news is being leaked about the upcoming Xbox console and with Sony sure to be following suit, which console do you think you'll go for? Probably not enough news on the PS4 or the Xbox to decide as of yet, but many jumped over the divide when the Xbox 360 was released but most still regard Playstation 1 and/or 2 as the best consoles of all time, would you be willing to put your faith back into Sony or are you too loyal to Microsoft now? I myself, will most likely go for the PS4 as that's the console I've always been loyal to and I'm in general quite happy with the PS3's exclusives etc.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Said Xbox as Ive known owned both consoles. PS3 seemed on paper to be a better machine but think the early titles xbox put out really helped it along

Until we see the spec of both machines its difficult to say who will win the xmas battle of 2013, tho no doubt alot more detail at E3 later this year

I chose the original Xbox over a PS2 and the 360 over a PS3 when it came to getting one of the next-gen consoles. I did however pick up a PS3 cheap on eBay when PSN was humped last year for a considerable period of time, and I've not really touched my 360 since. Any games that are released for both consoles, I'll typically get for the PS3 now, unless it's a sequel to a game I've already got for the 360.

When it comes to the next round of consoles, I can see myself ending up with both eventually as well, greedy c**t. Whichever is cheapest, I'll get first!

I'm sure I seen a rumour that the new Xbox will have a Blu-ray drive. If that's true then there's absolutely no point in a PS4.

What if you're a fan of PS exclusives? Or if a lot of your mates are buying the PS4. Or if you don't want to have to pay for the internet membership? (assuming Sony will continue to provide it free)

Didn't the 360 come out a year or two before the PS3? I can see that being the case again, so that more people are likely to buy both over the time.

I've not been paying attention to all the leaks and rumours up until today - surprised to see it'll be out this year! I thought it'd be 2014 for some reason. Anyway, I don't know what I'll go for. Had both the PS2 (which I loved) and Xbox (which I didn't), then just got the Xbox 360 (which I love[d]) last time. Purely because it was released first and was the cheaper option of the two. I'll probably do the same again. Just went onto a website there and it said the console would maybe cost £199, which is ridiculous. I'd assume it'll be closer to £299? Can't mind what the price was for the 360 at launch but I'm sure I didn't pay £200 for it; that's a bargain.

I've owned ps1 ps2 xbox 360 , think i've chosen the best one each time tbh :D Although i did get a ps3 to play uncharted and heavy rain but i didn't like the console at all, will definately be get the new xbox as a fan of GoW and the the fact the psn is souless it's a simple choice.

I'll choose whatever one has the best games. One of the consoles having a block on used games could be a dealbreaker though.

My console history has been N64-Dreamcast-PS2-360, so I have no overriding loyalty to Microsoft or Sony.

I'd love a nextgen dreamcast. :(

Probably neither, unfortunately. With the possibility of various Highstreet retailers going out of business and pre-owned games being essentially banned(that includes swapping with a mate), console games are only going to go up in price. I'm fully expecting launch games for both consoles to be around the £50 mark.

It's as good a time to go over to PC as any.

I'll choose whatever one has the best games. One of the consoles having a block on used games could be a dealbreaker though.

My console history has been N64-Dreamcast-PS2-360, so I have no overriding loyalty to Microsoft or Sony.

how fucking young are you lol

mines was

spectrum, master system, snes, playstation, PS2, N64, wii, 360

with a spattering of gameboys, PSP's and nintendo DS and 3DS lol

It's interesting to note that throughout this generation of 'console wars' it's widely regarded that the Xbox 360's won. In terms of worldwide sales, however, the PS3 has overtaken the Xbox 360 despite the Xbox being released a year before the PS3.

The only reason the Xbox 360 is considered the 'winner' is because it's winning so far in North America, but surely that's to be expected considering Microsoft is an American company? Sony is Japanese, and as such the PS3 dominates in Japan.

how fucking young are you lol

mines was

spectrum, master system, snes, playstation, PS2, N64, wii, 360

with a spattering of gameboys, PSP's and nintendo DS and 3DS lol

Not as young as I wish I was :(

I got the N64 when I was 12. I had a Commodore 64, Game Boy and SNES when I was younger, but I wasn't into games as much then.

I have since owned a PS1, NES, Game Gear, Mega Drive, DS and Wii, but none of them were my main console at the time.

Archived