Luke Mitchell

thisal

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did consider putting in a hilarious double entendre about the police smashing his front door in while he was smashing his mother's back doors in, but I typed that last post in a rush and didn't really have time to do it properly. It would've come out terribly, you know when you have something funny in your head to say in the pub but you can't get the right moment so you try and force it in and it's not as funny but you know it really is funny so you try to go with it and then you realise that it isn't that funny but you've made something of it and can't decide how to end it and the entire anecdote falls apart so you go and cry in the toilets for a bit.

I do know that feels. Sums up most of my pub visits to be honest.

• 1 year later...

Sandra Lean withdraws from the Mitchell team: http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/crime/criminologist-withdraws-from-fight-to-free-luke-mitchell-1-3478153

Interesting to note that two of the people she defended in her book, Simon Hall and Adrian Prout, later confessed. Lean is still saying that she is 100% convinced that Luke Mitchell is innocent.

This news comes a matter of days after the Scottish Criminal Cases Review Commission announced that they will not be referring the case to The High Court.

Heck of a strange case. I don't think the case against him was strong enough and if I was on the jury then it would have been a not guilty from me due to the element of doubt. My wife on the other hand is firmly in the pitchfork brigade.

He was at school with my boy!

It could have been him!

Why is anyone so sure that he did it? The evidence is ridiculously, ridiculously flimsy. The only part that sways me towards "he did it" is the inscription on the knife holder.

I'm not sure he did it, and I agree that the evidence is flimsy - he may well have done it, though - I have no way of knowing.

Can we assume that all the previously unidentified sources of DNA have now been thoroughly tested, and accounted for, now that the SCCRC have made their decision?

Archived