Chvrches

ForzaDundee

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Agree with a lot of what is being said - they have gone from being an interesting slightly off-piste electro-indie pop  band into a very pedestrian pop band. How much of that is down to them or a bit of record company string pulling, who knows. Wouldn't hold out too much hope for the album...

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/29/2018 at 22:14, Scorge said:

Agree with a lot of what is being said - they have gone from being an interesting slightly off-piste electro-indie pop  band into a very pedestrian pop band. How much of that is down to them or a bit of record company string pulling, who knows. Wouldn't hold out too much hope for the album...

This word is exactly how I would describe the new album after a couple of listens. It's nice enough but nothing setting the heather alight so far.

7 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I noticed Lauren Mayberry having a meltdown on Twitter the other day for some reason.

I think it was something to do with a negative review of their latest album which she perceived to be more of a review of her rather than her bands music.

ETA: http://www.nme.com/news/music/chvrches-lauren-mayberry-response-to-album-review-2326438

Edited by RiG

3 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

I noticed Lauren Mayberry having a meltdown on Twitter the other day for some reason.

Chvrches once cancelled a festival I was attending because, they claimed, they didn't know they had to check in to a  budget flight online before arriving at an airport.  I've always been slightly sceptical of the band after they did that.  

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Chvrches once cancelled a festival I was attending because, they claimed, they didn't know they had to check in to a  budget flight online before arriving at an airport.  I've always been slightly sceptical of the band after they did that.  

Aye. Damn them for having a legit reason to pull out of a festival because the promoters were charlatans. Grrrrrr.

Just listened to the new album there.  It's not bad by any means, but it's just all very.......samey.  Three albums of songs that are all basically the same sound.  As I said earlier in the thread, they're a one trick pony - it's a good trick but that's it.  Some good tracks though.

Edited by Highland Capital