Sons' sorrow

It's a tricky one with Stevie. On one hand he kept us up last season and we remain mindful that we are constant underdogs in this division. Also we've never been completely overpowered in the league matches I've seen so far this season and with a bit of good fortune we might have a few more points.

On the other hand, the approach to away matches throughout his tenure has been dismal - St Mirren in February being notably bad. We've failed to beat any of the lower league teams that we've came up against this term.

Seems like every time we've faced looming disaster over the last few years, an unexpected result has been plucked from nowhere to set things right. A solid draw this Saturday may be just the tonic to tee us up for Ayr,

3 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

In today's Reporter newspaper - "Aitken, I got my game plan wrong"

There's also a nice trip down memory lane with 2 pages on Martin Mooney, reminiscing about his 7 yrs @ Sons. :)

Can't get a copy of the Reporter right now - any chance of a cheeky scan job on the Martin Mooney piece? :)

4 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

John Boyd - good player, but never going to make the pages of Bodybuilders Monthly :lol:

A quip from some Morton fans at Boghead: "Hey Boydy, away back tae stealin' motors", after he'd just missed a shot at goal.

Classy..........

1 hour ago, ThirdrockfromtheSon said:

A quip from some Morton fans at Boghead: "Hey Boydy, away back tae stealin' motors", after he'd just missed a shot at goal.

Classy..........

My best-ever from Cappielow was being there just after big Tam Carson got done for defrauding the buroo.  He let a shot in from outside the box, and after the general euphoria settled down on the Morton side of the fence, someone shouted "I bet you'd have caught it if it was a Giro"  :lol:

On 28 September 2016 at 20:58, Howlin' Wilf said:

Does anybody know what Boydy is doing these days? I saw a guy I thought could have been him, with a team of workies in Helensburgh recently.

Apparently he manages a Junior team, but I'm unsure which one. One of my Morton-following work colleagues told me this.

i have no idea what he does for full time employment. Perhaps he's moved on from my earlier comment and maybe now he resets stolen cars nowadays........

ETA-his Wiki page gives no clues as to what he does.

Edited by ThirdrockfromtheSon

Jordan McMillan just came in at the same time as me through the main door... potential that we will sign him????

That would be an excellent bit of business. Would be very, very handy to have a right-back who didn't force you into a panic every time he went near the ball.