bigmacDFC

Sons' sorrow

21,297 posts in this topic

Wouldn't mind seeing Lamont offered a contract. I doubt St Mirren will extend his deal beyond this month.

Would like to see devlins loan extended. IMO lamont has been a shadow of his former self so if he isn't offered a deal then not worried. Hopefully the boss can strengthen in the window.

Hope we offer Lamont a contract as he is currently a better player than both McDougall and Gilhaney IMO. I also expect we will have a trialist or two tomorrow night.

Graham could go to right back with McNiff in at centre back if we don't get Devlin again. Only problem is we wouldn't have any cover.

Graham could go to right back with McNiff in at centre back if we don't get Devlin again. Only problem is we wouldn't have any cover.

I believe Wednesday will be Nicky's last match for us.

Is young Lyden still at Dumbarton. I thought he was an emerging talent a couple of seasons back?

Is young Lyden still at Dumbarton. I thought he was an emerging talent a couple of seasons back?

It's been reserve football this year for him. Looks like a good one for the future, but still young and has a bit to learn. Has only had a handful of first team appearances. I may be wrong but I believe he is from the Greenock area?

It's been reserve football this year for him. Looks like a good one for the future, but still young and has a bit to learn. Has only had a handful of first team appearances. I may be wrong but I believe he is from the Greenock area?

Wemyss Bay I believe. His father is Hugh Lyden who was a well known Junior Football player a few years back when he played for Auchinleck and Kilbirnie (I think he may have won Scottish Cup with both) .

He's never really convinced me when I've seen him for first team and reserves, but he could improve yet given his age I suppose.

He's never really convinced me when I've seen him for first team and reserves, but he could improve yet given his age I suppose.

I was in school with Jamie, decent player.

Great idea. Big Andy marking Obri.

Great idea. Big Andy marking Obri.

I didn't say it was a great idea. It's not ideal but could be our only option.

have to say I haven't been totally convinced by Devlin at RB this season....been a number of times where he has wanted far too much time on the ball. Having said that, that may be a sympton of our lack of midfield up to now....if no-one is there looking for a pass......

Love the title of this thread - in fact it's the best bit about it. Would make a great film - with moody, bluesy soundtrack composed by Sons supporter Howlin' Wilf and performed by his band Harmonica Lewinski. The film could have slow-motion (actually real time) highlights of Dumbarton players running, while the Dumbarton sports scientist and sprint coach sobs on the touchline. How about it, Wilf?

Love the title of this thread - in fact it's the best bit about it. Would make a great film - with moody, bluesy soundtrack composed by Sons supporter Howlin' Wilf and performed by his band Harmonica Lewinski. The film could have slow-motion (actually real time) highlights of Dumbarton players running, while the Dumbarton sports scientist and sprint coach sobs on the touchline. How about it, Wilf?

We could do, although there won't be much sobbing on the touchline among our team today.

:D

We could do, although there won't be much sobbing on the touchline among our team today.

:D

Right enough, Tom. Fantastic result for Sons today. Mind you, we're not worried about it...ph34r.gif