3 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

So that'll be placing the facility in the hands of private shysters then

It’s still in the hands of WDC or do I need to explain the term lease to you?

You’re just being a tit now so I’ll leave you to it.

It’s still in the hands of WDC or do I need to explain the term lease to you?
You’re just being a tit now so I’ll leave you to it.

Council pay for it.

Council own it.

Private company run it and profit from it.

Seems pretty straight forward to me. £750k investment so that a private company can make money running a football ground. Have they been taking tips from Airdrie, Clyde and Livingston?

Wdc have previous for this with the 3g facility at the Vale academy. It's staffed by wdc but profit goes to BAM. 

Now why should the council spend our 3 quarters of a million on Clydebank and Yoker but not the Sons?  We pay our council tax aswell. Dumbarton fc are nothing to the council for whatever reason. The investment in sports facilities in Clydebank far outstrips that of Dumbarton. New leisure facilities, face-lift on the Clyde, it even has a council run museum for a new town, ancient Dumbarton does not. 

2 hours ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

You are correct,there was no need for us to move!

Is that what you want for DFC?

From outside the story looks sadly familiar.Blame the bad old council.

The "bad old council" fairly fucked things up for Clydebank FC. They turned their application down on the basis that Green Belt land had to remain between Hardgate and Drumchapel. Then however, they allowed various developments thereafter.

The only reason I can think of for the Clydebank councillors turning down the DFC application is.........er.......badness...or parochialism.

Clydebank FC will have to pay for lets.

The company will be a registered charity and not for profit.All money will be used to improve the facility and put towards a sink fund for pitch replacement.

Anything else you conspiracy theorists want answered ?

2 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

Clydebank FC will have to pay for lets.

The company will be a registered charity and not for profit.All money will be used to improve the facility and put towards a sink fund for pitch replacement.

Anything else you conspiracy theorists want answered ?

I honestly and sincerely wish you and Clydebank FC all the best.

1 hour ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

I honestly and sincerely wish you and Clydebank FC all the best.

I sincerely hope that what happened to us isn’t repeated at DFC.

I don't think anything is served by a spat between supporters of the two local clubs. 

If I was to try and sum up the situation I'd say that after being shafted by a number of people with no emotional attachment to Clydebank FC, that club is now wholly run by genuine people who have the club's interests fully at heart.  Good luck to them in their endeavours.  For their part,  Dumbarton FC also has a goodly number of people with the requisite credentials to both protect and promote the club, but they are not in possession of the levers of power, and given both the Clydebank experience and the calibre of those who ARE in charge that is  a very serious concern indeed.

Everyone should also be assured that whenever perceived benefits to the community are highlighted in any stadium plan application they are invariably sweeteners or add-ons as opposed to core objectives.  Brabco, like others before them, is not an association of philanthropists, and planning applications should deal exclusively with  the relevant issues .

I sincerely hope that what happened to us isn’t repeated at DFC.

It would appear that all the ingredients are prepared.

I don't think anything is served by a spat between supporters of the two local clubs. 
If I was to try and sum up the situation I'd say that after being shafted by a number of people with no emotional attachment to Clydebank FC, that club is now wholly run by genuine people who have the club's interests fully at heart.  Good luck to them in their endeavours.  For their part,  Dumbarton FC also has a goodly number of people with the requisite credentials to both protect and promote the club, but they are not in possession of the levers of power, and given both the Clydebank experience and the calibre of those who ARE in charge that is  a very serious concern indeed.
Everyone should also be assured that whenever perceived benefits to the community are highlighted in any stadium plan application they are invariably sweeteners or add-ons as opposed to core objectives.  Brabco, like others before them, is not an association of philanthropists, and planning applications should deal exclusively with  the relevant issues .

I’d agree with most of that but surely the Steedmans had some emotional attachment to Clydebank FC?

I’d agree with most of that but surely the Steedmans had some emotional attachment to Clydebank FC?
Of course they did, but John Hall and David Low most certainly did not. And Jim Ballantine's only emotion was naked opportunism.
Regards the Dumbarton planning refusal, for three years the club has been granted a derogation from the SPFL in respect of floodlight standards and some additional criteria.
I believe this derogation was granted pending progress on a new stadium to allow us to play in the Championship. It will be interesting to see how this now pans out, especially if DFC retains second-tier status.

Of course they did, but John Hall and David Low most certainly did not. And Jim Ballantine's only emotion was naked opportunism.
Regards the Dumbarton planning refusal, for three years the club has been granted a derogation from the SPFL in respect of floodlight standards and some additional criteria.
I believe this derogation was granted pending progress on a new stadium to allow us to play in the Championship. It will be interesting to see how this now pans out, especially if DFC retains second-tier status.

It was the Steedmans who sold the ground though.

That’s a big aspect.

You are correct,there was no need for us to move!
Is that what you want for DFC?
From outside the story looks sadly familiar.Blame the bad old council.

I did however see it quoted that the majority of councillors who voted against the development were from Clydebank....my experience of Bankie councillors is they are not the slightest bit interested in anything that happens in Dumbarton

7 minutes ago, aftershocker said:

I did however see it quoted that the majority of councillors who voted against the development were from Clydebank....my experience of Bankie councillors is they are not the slightest bit interested in anything that happens in Dumbarton

Probably as interested as Dumbarton councillors are in anything that happens in Clydebank?

Probably as interested as Dumbarton councillors are in anything that happens in Clydebank?

Presumably these Dumbarton councillors did vote to build your new pitch though...

There's a lot of heat and not much light in here right now.  So I'll ask the question; did anyone actually attend the Council Meeting last week and hear the submissions ?  I mean, the Planning Committee had already recommended refusal, just as they did recently when WDC turned down an application from Lidl to build a shop on the former Hiram Walker's distillery site - it happens FFS.

And if there are any villians afoot, we all need to make absolutely sure we're targetting the right ones ;)

There's a lot of heat and not much light in here right now.  So I'll ask the question; did anyone actually attend the Council Meeting last week and hear the submissions ?  I mean, the Planning Committee had already recommended refusal, just as they did recently when WDC turned down an application from Lidl to build a shop on the former Hiram Walker's distillery site - it happens FFS.
And if there are any villians afoot, we all need to make absolutely sure we're targetting the right ones 

You can hardly compare a supermarkets application with a football clubs application.