Sons' sorrow

From Friday: "In other news, Kyle Hutton has agreed terms to remain at the club until the end of the season with all paperwork expected to be tidied up in the next week."

I'd assume that's all it is, given there hasn't been much transfer chat recently.

16 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

From Friday: "In other news, Kyle Hutton has agreed terms to remain at the club until the end of the season with all paperwork expected to be tidied up in the next week."

I'd assume that's all it is, given there hasn't been much transfer chat recently.

If I told you that you were wrong, on a scale of 1-10 how excited would you be?

32 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

The Morrison's fish counter had nine plaice neatly arranged in a row this morning, with a notice saying that recent trawls had produced absolutely nothing.

nine plaice is where we will finish this year.If we get Tate,s partner and he is up for it we might finish eighth.

Think we're better getting thoughts of players like Stirling and Lyle joining us out of our heads.

It pains me to say it but bringing Russell out of retirement and signing Nesbit reeks of desperation to me. I'm not sure we have the money for any major squad improvements.

Fingers crossed it works out for both of them but thou shall not hold thy breath.

Might actually be an OK signing.Its a case of  if he clicks with us.Whether Stirling comes or not will depend on QOS terms and how desperate they are to offload him.I would imagine that for anyone else to come in others would have to move on.CJ and DW are the obvious 2 .

Might actually be an OK signing.Its a case of  if he clicks with us.Whether Stirling comes or not will depend on QOS terms and how desperate they are to offload him.I would imagine that for anyone else to come in others would have to move on.CJ and DW are the obvious 2 .

It's far more than just QOS terms that would be a stumbling block with Stirling. Anyone else in the league bar Brechin can offer more than us, as can at least 2 in the league below.

If it was to be a loan deal I'd assume it would require us paying 100% of his current Queens wage which I'm guessing would be impossible. For him to sign on a permanent would require him agreeing a pay off or leaving for free as well as us being able to offer him a competitive wage. Both of the above scenarios seem unlikely to me.

Stranger things have happened but I think at this stage we should be approaching any future January transfers with slightly lower expectations. I'm not sure offloading the likes of Johnstone will lead to us having a decent wedge to spend, IMO the likes of him and Wilson will be at the lower end of the wage scale.

23 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

It's far more than just QOS terms that would be a stumbling block with Stirling. Anyone else in the league bar Brechin can offer more than us, as can at least 2 in the league below.

If it was to be a loan deal I'd assume it would require us paying 100% of his current Queens wage which I'm guessing would be impossible. For him to sign on a permanent would require him agreeing a pay off or leaving for free as well as us being able to offer him a competitive wage. Both of the above scenarios seem unlikely to me.

Stranger things have happened but I think at this stage we should be approaching any future January transfers with slightly lower expectations. I'm not sure offloading the likes of Johnstone will lead to us having a decent wedge to spend, IMO the likes of him and Wilson will be at the lower end of the wage scale.

My expectations are always low but we have seen in the past how we seemingly sign players despite supposedly having zero money.SA talked of a reduced squad this pre season yet we have had one of our largest squads for a while.I dont think we will get any new players in TBH but as you say..you never know.