Sons' sorrow

Great plan. I think you should play them January 2nd too. Big game at home, important you do well, full strength side required. Send your reserves to Palmerston.

Anyway if the temperature is less than 4 degrees the game at Palmerston will be off and we could ply Livi at home instead

19 hours ago, rockson said:

One of? It was an absolute stunner.

Without doubt the best I'll ever see.

I can still see big Roy standing 25 yards out hitting the ball perfectly on the volley and the ball screaming into the back of the net with such force it flew straight back out and landing near the centre circle The referee thought it had hit the bar as did half the players and spectators but the linesman on the far side raised his flag giving the goal-

This takes me back to anothther incident in the late sixties at home against opposition I have forgotten big Roy was flattened by a terrible tackle and was carried off in great pain- His leg might have been broken but I cannot fully remember Anyway nowadays a player being carried off would receive polite applause but not then The adults took the opportunity to light up another Senior Service whilst the wains took the opportunity to scout for stones to throw at the ballboys As big Roy was carried in great pain towards the stand one worthy leant on on the boundary wall and roared Take the useless B out the back and shoot the B Aye those were days 

Had a look at his highlights reel and it looks very decent (better than Froxy’s did) he appears to be an attack minded deep-lying midfielder who likes to skip by players, has excellent passing range and is left footed. Also the pace of the games he was playing in was faster than ours so hopefully you can read more into that than Seb Osei Obengo.

Had a look at his highlights reel and it looks very decent (better than Froxy’s did) he appears to be an attack minded deep-lying midfielder who likes to skip by players, has excellent passing range and is left footed. Also the pace of the games he was playing in was faster than ours so hopefully you can read more into that than Seb Osei Obengo.

I agree, and I'm hoping there is some serious intent in this story. Not so sure of the Souness comparison, looks more like a Craig Sibbald to me, but that would be perfectly acceptable [emoji106]

5 hours ago, Scottylintonstowel said:

I can still see big Roy standing 25 yards out hitting the ball perfectly on the volley and the ball screaming into the back of the net with such force it flew straight back out and landing near the centre circle The referee thought it had hit the bar as did half the players and spectators but the linesman on the far side raised his flag giving the goal-

This takes me back to anothther incident in the late sixties at home against opposition I have forgotten big Roy was flattened by a terrible tackle and was carried off in great pain- His leg might have been broken but I cannot fully remember Anyway nowadays a player being carried off would receive polite applause but not then The adults took the opportunity to light up another Senior Service whilst the wains took the opportunity to scout for stones to throw at the ballboys As big Roy was carried in great pain towards the stand one worthy leant on on the boundary wall and roared Take the useless B out the back and shoot the B Aye those were days 

It actually hit the metal stanchion on which the nets were draped in those days, so the net didn't ripple hence the ref's uncertainty. Big Roy later said a St Mirren defender had let the linesman know it was a goal.

I also remember his leg being broken.  But it was usual back then to applaud a player who was being carried off. Big Roy was mysteriously under appreciated by some in the Sons support, though.

It actually hit the metal stanchion on which the nets were draped in those days, so the net didn't ripple hence the ref's uncertainty. Big Roy later said a St Mirren defender had let the linesman know it was a goal.
I also remember his leg being broken.  But it was usual back then to applaud a player who was being carried off. Big Roy was mysteriously under appreciated by some in the Sons support, though.

The defender was Iain Munro, and it's hard to imagine such sportsmanship today.

Big Puma broke his leg in a 3-0 home win over Motherwell in (I think) late 1973, a very sad footnote to what was a wonderful display by Sons.