Sons' sorrow

Confiscating the drum was absolutely tragic stuff. Embarrassing. Do the club not want young fans? Or anyone to actually enjoy attending a game?

It’s nothing to do with the club. The stewards took it away. There was actually club officials complaining as it was taken away. Totally pathetic though.

It was frank mead who made the decision I went down and asked him at half time and he said that a few fans had complained about the noise last week. When I questioned him he became quite aggressive. What chance have we got of attracting young fans with people like that in charge

6 minutes ago, boghead64 said:

It was frank mead who made the decision I went down and asked him at half time and he said that a few fans had complained about the noise last week. When I questioned him he became quite aggressive. What chance have we got of attracting young fans with people like that in charge

Assuming that is the case, those 'fans' who complained need to have a serious think about whether or not football is for them. I found the drum a wee bit annoying last week, but fair play to the guys with it. They got right behind the team, and it did create a bit of atmosphere. They are our future, and we need more folk their age. If that comes at the expense of a few grouchy older guys then so be it. St Mirren can be cringey at times, but they do have a strong young support - we should try and build up something similar of our own.

Whether it was Frank or someone higher up from the club who made the decision, they need to reevaluate it. If I complained about fans' signing because it was too loud would I have them silenced? I'd love to be able to clamp the folk who jump on the backs of players after every single thing that isn't perfect.

#TeamDrum

That's so disappointing. What a joke.

Furious at the ineptitude and short-sightedness.

All bringing drums for QOS then?

Shameful stuff from the ' fans ' that complained about the drum. Even more shameful that a Dumbarton official wanted the drum confiscated. We should be encouraging young lads to come to games with our ever ageing fan base. It seems the club are doing their best to distance themselves even further from the local community.

Attractive pricing for 2 Cup matches results in some local youngsters attending (and seeing The Sons win), so let's take away their drum. Can't be having any sort of noise or positive atmosphere at home games. :shutup

Absolutely frightening logic in action.

Highly noticeable that old Frankie boy never showed his face pitchside, the entire 2nd half.

Bawbag.

1 hour ago, cameron2000 said:

It’s nothing to do with the club. The stewards took it away. There was actually club officials complaining as it was taken away. Totally pathetic though.

The club surely has a sway on what happens inside their own ground... 

Edited by dumbarton Fc

Complete and utter Joke. If you don’t like the noise then move it’s not exactly like we are full.

Loads of negativity around the club and the last week or two they were going well with results and sensible pricing then they go and royally screw their self.

Someone wants to have a work with the Stewards as well. I pull in to the stadium today to be asked by a steward if I’m here for the game. I was totally dumbfounded