Sons' sorrow

As far as I'm aware we pay as much as we can towards their wage.

We are effectively paying as much for a loan as any other signing and I guess at times even more. I've even heard of clubs wanting a fee for a loan player in recent times but I'm not 100% sure how accurate that info is.

Loan wages usually less than signed players. No loan fee at Dumbarton level.

How can we get out of this mess? What can we possibly do to get a striker in? The board need to ask themselves why are they here? Spend the money Dumbarton will get for hosting the youth champions league games. 

The whole thing at Dumbarton is a joke. I'm struggling to find any positives? From entry to exit the whole experience is dire. 32 quid for a parent and child. A five year old and an adult. The concourse is like a prison, catering is crap, team is crap, manager is devoid of ideas. No wonder we can't get fans through the door if the experience is shit. Only saving grace is the Sons trust. I've stayed away the past couple of seasons due to the fact I have a kid and money is tight. She's a bit older now and I was looking forward to taking her as she's getting into football. At 32 quid I'll be staying away from now on. I'll pick and choose a few away games but that today as a product is utter crap. Depressingly shit. I'd rather spend 6 quid and take her swimming or something instead. Well done DFC, you've lost a supporter and a future supporter and probably one more as my Mrs is due again in a few weeks. I'll nip along to the Vale jnrs. 

How can we get out of this mess? What can we possibly do to get a striker in? The board need to ask themselves why are they here? Spend the money Dumbarton will get for hosting the youth champions league games. 
The whole thing at Dumbarton is a joke. I'm struggling to find any positives? From entry to exit the whole experience is dire. 32 quid for a parent and child. A five year old and an adult. The concourse is like a prison, catering is crap, team is crap, manager is devoid of ideas. No wonder we can't get fans through the door if the experience is shit. Only saving grace is the Sons trust. I've stayed away the past couple of seasons due to the fact I have a kid and money is tight. She's a bit older now and I was looking forward to taking her as she's getting into football. At 32 quid I'll be staying away from now on. I'll pick and choose a few away games but that today as a product is utter crap. Depressingly shit. I'd rather spend 6 quid and take her swimming or something instead. Well done DFC, you've lost a supporter and a future supporter and probably one more as my Mrs is due again in a few weeks. I'll nip along to the Vale jnrs. 

Absolutely don't blame you. 32 quid for you and the wee yin is awful.

Dont get me started on the catering. 90p a packet of crisps, £2 a drink.. I'll take my own next week.

This ^^^

Someone at the club has to read this and at least acknowledge they are getting lots badly wrong. If we go down this year then we can't really complain, we've had a good run, punched above our weight for a few years and maybe it's one season too much. However, what is inexcusable is going down without a fight. We have turned it around after a bad start the last few seasons but I struggle to see where any sort of inspiration will come from. It's unlikely that we will sign another Chris Kane but it's not just up front we have issues. We have a group of players with injury problems, no creativity and a crap keeper.
Off the field things are grim and not getting any brighter. Fans like the snudge above are showing their disgust by not going.

It's a great time to support our wee club!

On the positive side....... we have the prince and mango!

The door in the concourse wasn't opened either near the end because it needs a key to open it according to the stewards. I asked what if there was a fire? Met with a blank stare. Fire door locked is a disgrace. 

Well there's always the big green bit to escape onto

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

Head's gone.

IMG_0688.PNG

While the car park situation is ridiculous the club did make it known at the first game-Morton- .. by raising a civil action -if you win you may get compensation which the club can ill afford. I was aware of the gates not being opened till 5.00 and parked outside the restricted zone. 

I was again going to post something here, but thinking about DFC right now is now even more depressing. 

Me too. I'm going to wait until tomorrow when I may have calmed down before posting.

Whilst things on the pitch are worrying It's actually the off pitch stuff I am more concerned about just now as the club and fan relationship must be at an all time low.

I am livid about today's car park carry on. The club are total amateurs in every respect and are treating fans appallingly. I'm seriously considering a boycott until things improve. As Snudge pointed out the matchday experience is awful. You might get away with it if we're playing well but you just shouldn't be treating fans like that. I never thought I'd say this but things in the post Alan Jardine era are actually worse.

Right I'm nipping it before I say something I regret. I'll come back when I've calmed down.

13 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Head's gone.

IMG_0688.PNG

Goodness me. I think nearly every ground in the country holds cars back for a few minutes to let foot traffic clear. If Dumbarton didnt before then it was one of the very few. "Unlawfully detained" :lol: Laughable heads gone behaviour calling the police.