Sons' sorrow

9 minutes ago, Overthehedge1 said:

Just seen you signed hill, bit of a blow losing him to our rivals this season, you have a good player there, 

He's signed as back up for Dowie and Craig Barr, although I imagine we'll see him more than we perhaps planned with the latters injury record.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Good to see it's Your Radio involved, hopefully it will lead to some more exposure for the club

Match commentaries would be great.

56 minutes ago, microdave said:

Chick Young is going to be fuckin raging! :lol:

Good, hope it induces a heart attack.

The P&B sponsored name has to be The #stevieaitkentacticalgenius Stadium.

1 hour ago, Consolidate said:

Good to see another local sponsor but you have to wonder how much these deals are worth.

If all the regular contributors on here threw in a tenner could the 'Sons Sorrow Stadium' be next up?

The deals must be beneficial, otherwise why do it? Sponsorship in the Clydebank/Dumbarton area must be murder to find so the fact you guys can unearth deals is a real credit to the work that's obviously been put in. Supporters will continually moan about such things and the reality is that the begging bowl approach won't work. Your wee ground is ideal and perfect for the Sons. Had a good afternoon there on Saturday despite the score and was made to feel very welcome. 

We get this hysteria every time a sponsor is named. In an ideal world we get Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson to sponsor the stadium for eternity and we can call it The Rock officially, until then I'm quite happy for the official name to be whoever the f**k fancies putting money into our club.

I fail to see how the YOUR Radio 103FM Stadium is any worse than the Cheaper Insurance Direct Stadium or the Tony Macaroni Arena. On the plus side, there's a wee raging Bankie on twitter demanding that YOUR Radio invest money in them too - it's a good deal all round IMO.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

We get this hysteria every time a sponsor is named. In an ideal world we get Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson to sponsor the stadium for eternity and we can call it The Rock officially, until then I'm quite happy for the official name to be whoever the f**k fancies putting money into our club.

I fail to see how the YOUR Radio 103FM Stadium is any worse than the Cheaper Insurance Direct Stadium or the Tony Macaroni Arena. On the plus side, there's a wee raging Bankie on twitter demanding that YOUR Radio invest money in them too - it's a good deal all round IMO.

Reminds me of the time that our neighbours tried to give an honorary membership to UN general secretary Ban Ki Moon on the basis that he has bankie in his name.

Needless to say they got a knock back.

1 minute ago, Bankies Alive said:

Clydebank all time playing record v Dumbarton,enjoy. :thumsup2

H / A / N Matches W D L Goals + / -
H 27 16 4 7 48 - 32 +16
A 27 10 6 11 45 - 47 -2
N 1 1 0 0 3 - 1 +2
Total 55 27 10 18 96 - 80 +16

Does that include the games since you became Airdrie?

1 minute ago, Bankies Alive said:

Clydebank all time playing record v Dumbarton,enjoy. :thumsup2

H / A / N Matches W D L Goals + / -
H 27 16 4 7 48 - 32 +16
A 27 10 6 11 45 - 47 -2
N 1 1 0 0 3 - 1 +2
Total 55 27 10 18 96 - 80 +16

I'm sure we'll be able to console ourselves with the prospect of a sixth consecutive season of second tier football, whilst you lot traipse around the backstreets of Ayrshire.