Sons' sorrow

1 minute ago, passbackdave said:

U r a clown deal with that. It was a friendly and we even played with 10 men for 15-20 mins or so and we had mcanespie on the bench (dunno why he never put himself on) Dumbarton have done brilliant 2 stay in championship past 5 years might no do it this year they might. I thought used would go down last season so wit doni know lol

Mon the papers

I prefer 6 seasons, it sounds even better.

Just now, passbackdave said:

I was praising use ok 6 seasons but he still a clown. Good luck 2 use rest of season. Most of there fans r decent

Mon the papers

Five years is right too (2012-2017), but this'll be our sixth season at this level and that sounds even more impressive.

2 hours ago, sarti pooh said:

Mate we had the worst trialists known to man out playing for us and we still beat you. Deal with it.

I once saw Joel Kasabandi, David Winters and Ally Brown as trialists for Ayr.  If this is true I will light a candle for you guys.  

3 hours ago, cameron2000 said:

The gap is massive. Dumbarton have survived in the championship getting 30+ points every season. I struggle to see how Clydebank would get more than about 3 points from 36 games. I think that Clydebank fans may underestimate how difficult the championship is, Every single point we earned last season we had to give absolutely everything to gain it and the players where utterly spent physically by the end of each match. Yesterday half of our first team beat Clydebank without even breaking a sweat.

If the gulf was that massive a team like Bonnyrigg wouldn't be able to compete with you over 2 games with you let alone deservedly beat you ffs

As for us not knowing how hard it is in the championship.Ive seem Clydebank in the Premier League for 3 seasons as a part time club.

I once saw Joel Kasabandi, David Winters and Ally Brown as trialists for Ayr.  If this is true I will light a candle for you guys.  

Trust me, our numbers 5 and 9 made Kasubandi and Winters look like Shearer and Sutton.

5 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Trust me, our numbers 5 and 9 made Kasubandi and Winters look like Shearer and Sutton.

I'm so sorry for your loss. 

Mon the Tapirs  

4 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

There's a really decent interview with Durrant in The Sun today if anyone's interested. Comes across as a really decent guy, who is just delighted be back involved with the sport he loves.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1289327/?utm_source=TWITTER&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=SprnklrSUNOrganic&UTMX=Editorial:scotsunsport:FBLink:Statement:Sport

#SonsOfDurrantLoyal

Its just a fact that part time football at league level is grossly over priced.
It would seem that clubs just want to soak the ever dwindling band of loyal fans.
Youre never going to get anybody with a passing interest in football to part with £20 to watch a part time football club.
Scottish football needs a total shake up from top to bottom.
Sadly it won't happen with guys like Regan and Doncaster at the helm.

Never understood this argument. Until Scottish football wangles a mammoth TV deal then most clubs will be reliant on attendances for income. It's simplistic to look and say "higher prices = better players" as there needs to be a happy medium in terms of actual numbers paying, but you've got to remember multiple top flight teams have offered "pay what you want" deals for fans over the past few years and have lost money compared to when they charge £23. Professional squads arent sustainable with fans paying £6, a group of amateur postmen is.