Sons' sorrow

15 minutes ago, lionel wickson said:

A guy who broke John Cushley's nose iirc.

It was indeed the Buzz-Bomb.  I was never sure whether it was Big Cush's nose or jaw which was done but whatever it was, it was one of the most stealthily executed acts of thuggery I've ever seen in a Scottish game.  A throw-in on halfway to an Airdrie team attacking the Turnberry End; Drew runs towards the thrower with Cush on his heels; the ball goes long down the left wing and as everyone's eyes follow it he simultaneously spins and with hardly an arm motion powerfully elbows JC in the coupon.  Forty four years on I can still see Big Cush hit the deck like a felled Douglas Fir.

Sheer poetry in motion.  Violent poetry.  

Edited by O'Kelly Isley III

1 minute ago, Sons Fan said:

Quick question what's wrong with Grant Gallagher? 

:whistle

Spoiler

Seems to be a nasty ankle injury. I don't think it was a break as he'd probably be back by now, but sometimes ligament damage (for example) can be worse, so that'd be my guess. 

Depends who our gaffer is I suppose. I would keep him to be honest, playing at centre midfield he's fine IMO. 

I suspect the rehabilitation required after a nasty injury and a year out will mean gal has to prove himself all over again. Damn shame for the lad.

56 minutes ago, albundy said:

I suspect the rehabilitation required after a nasty injury and a year out will mean gal has to prove himself all over again. Damn shame for the lad.

To be fair, he had only just started to prove himself at the start of the season. But yeah, I agree with Moonster in that I would keep him and give him the chance. He was starting to look much better and I don't imagine he would be a huge earner.

To be fair, he had only just started to prove himself at the start of the season. But yeah, I agree with Moonster in that I would keep him and give him the chance. He was starting to look much better and I don't imagine he would be a huge earner.

That's the point. He started to come on to a game but there's no telling if that's the level he'll come back at after a serious injury.

Yas. Yas. Yas. Yas. Yas.

What a day. Mon eh Sons. What a great bunch of lads. I love this team more than any other we've had at this level, just such a likeable and entertaining group.

Did not think I'd have been saying any of that in December!