Sons' sorrow

4 hours ago, squeezeboxson said:

That would be a decent way of working things. You could even just add a benefit like, 'Gold members get first choice of tickets for cup games and the awards bash'. Something which wouldn't make too much difference in the grand scheme of things, but justifies an extra you could get.

What it ultimately means is you don't lose any benefits from the current set up but have an option to pay a bit more if you would like to.

What are these benefits?

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Good comments from Baillie 

There's something I've never seen said before.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Is there something that stops people from donating at the moment? Surely if you walked into reception and said "I want to give you £50 for nothing in return" they'd be absolutely bonkers to knock that back, unless there is some legal block that prevents us from taking donations?

Need to be cash, Antonia took the card machine knowledge with her to Cappielow.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Aye, I'm really not fond of her, but she's spot on in what she says. If she continues to back the Trust then she'll go up in my estimations.

Nothing I love better than a pop at her (not like that, matron), but fair play to her.  Her words seem genuine, rather than some politician spotting a bandwagon and jumping on it.

And I never knew she was a Trust member, fair play to her on that score.

Just now, cameron2000 said:

Apparently we tried to but he declined. Stevo will do a great job for them.

Bet they wish they had now.

And I know we can't actually sell him to them, but if we were to release him, and Raith were to offer him a signing-on fee  that was equal to the remainder of his contract with us....

1 hour ago, squeezeboxson said:

Cheaper bus travel on the supporters bus.

And being a Trust member makes you a stakeholder in the club. Something which might be very important in the not too distant future.

4 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Bet they wish they had now.

And I know we can't actually sell him to them, but if we were to release him, and Raith were to offer him a signing-on fee  that was equal to the remainder of his contract with us....

If we released Mark Brown now I'm fairly certain he couldn't sign for anyone else until the window opens. 

15 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

Apparently we tried to but he declined. Stevo will do a great job for them.

That can't be true. They've used up their over age loan (Aaron Lennox) and so the emergency would need to be a young guy. On top of that if we released him he wouldn't be able to sign for anyone else until the summer window (as the Moonster says), like Nade when he left Stranraer.

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

It affected me getting mine today. I was delayed at least 30 seconds. I went down at 1.30pm and purchased 2 tickets. At that time they had sold over 50. So maybe not much cut price tickets left.

It got me thinking. I'm happy to get my ticket to save a wee bit but at the same time I can afford to pay more.

I mentioned a few seasons back to Alan Jardine that I would happily have paid £250 for my ticket when they were £235. I said I'd put a £15 donation in and asked if there was a managers fund. Alan said they were going to start one. As far as I know this never happened.

Does anyone else think this a good idea and how many of us would be happy to donate what we have saved from season ticket discount to go directly to a managers fund?

I'll certainly be suggesting I am looking to donate my saving to a fund.

I presume from the lack of the response to this that either no one has bothered really reading this or that very few of us who post on here have any interest in donating to a managers fund.

The reason I have bumped this again is that I am genuinely interested in exploring this option if I can gauge interest.

1 hour ago, sons'r'us said:

I presume from the lack of the response to this that either no one has bothered really reading this or that very few of us who post on here have any interest in donating to a managers fund.

The reason I have bumped this again is that I am genuinely interested in exploring this option if I can gauge interest.

8 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Is there something that stops people from donating at the moment? Surely if you walked into reception and said "I want to give you £50 for nothing in return" they'd be absolutely bonkers to knock that back, unless there is some legal block that prevents us from taking donations?

And it's been confirmed there's legally nothing that can stop the club accepting a donation. If you've got money and want to give them it then you are free to do so, I'm not sure why there needs to be a dedicated fund. Well there is a dedicated fund, its just that we call it ticket money and sponsorship.

12 minutes ago, sonsism said:

We now find ourselves only 2 points ahead of Ayr instead of the 5 it should be.  Anyone else starting to feel the heat a little bit? :unsure2:

Still in our hands and by all accounts both Ayr and Raith were utterly shite tonight. We're playing well enough and now finding a bit of consistency, we need to be confident in ourselves.

We now find ourselves only 2 points ahead of Ayr instead of the 5 it should be.  Anyone else starting to feel the heat a little bit? :unsure2:

Maybe I'm being too casual, but I'm not feeling the heat at all just now.

Since Bonnyrigg we've been playing so much better AND picking up points. The Ayr result was a freak happening, (albeit Ayr deserved it through our ineptitude to see a game out from that position), but from what I've seen so far, we're a better side than Ayr, Raith and St. Mirren. By all accounts the two former were utterly rancid tonight, unsurprisingly, and I've said it before but I genuinely believe we're quite good enough to pick up enough points to ensure safety.

And we've got a very winnable game to come on Saturday too.

Still in our hands and by all accounts both Ayr and Raith were utterly shite tonight. We're playing well enough and now finding a bit of consistency, we need to be confident in ourselves.

I agree with this. Of the bottom 4 we have the best recent result and are playing the best football. Perhaps St.Mirren aside but they still have a bit of catching up to do. Fingers crossed.

Something from Saturday's game would be massive.