Sons' sorrow

24 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Our game against St Mirren is all ticket.

WHY!?

The period set aside for voucher exchange on this one is pretty short! Not great for those of us who often only drop into Dumbarton on match days. Might have to miss this game :unsure2:

The period set aside for voucher exchange on this one is pretty short! Not great for those of us who often only drop into Dumbarton on match days. Might have to miss this game :unsure2:

There is absolutely zero need for it to be all ticket.

The last game against St Mirren drew a crowd of 1100, whoever looked at this one and thought it needed to be all ticket is kidding themselves on.

Creating hassle for supporters and club employess for absolutely no reason at all.

50 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

There is absolutely zero need for it to be all ticket.

The last game against St Mirren drew a crowd of 1100, whoever looked at this one and thought it needed to be all ticket is kidding themselves on.

Creating hassle for supporters and club employess for absolutely no reason at all.

Apart from creating hassle it reduces the crowd and is costing the club money.. Even if it is all ticket i don't understand why they won't sell them on the day. It means that someone can't just decide on the morning to head along to the match. It is fairly established practice to sell tickets up until a certain time on match day, we did it ourselves last season. So what has changed?

1 hour ago, Consolidate said:

Why would you have to exchange the voucher? This no longer applies to season ticket holders (thank goodness).

Apart from creating hassle it reduces the crowd and is costing the club money.. Even if it is all ticket i don't understand why they won't sell them on the day. It means that someone can't just decide on the morning to head along to the match. It is fairly established practice to sell tickets up until a certain time on match day, we did it ourselves last season. So what has changed?

I agree. It's absolutely bonkers.

I personally know of 3 occassional attendees who were unable to attend the Hibs game because they wouldn't know if they were free until the morning of the match. I don't really understand why we can't offer tickets right up until kick of tbh.

It's almost like we actively try to make it more difficult for supporters to attend. Particularly the fairweather fans who we should be actively trying to encourage to attend more often.

1 hour ago, Consolidate said:

Season ticket holders won't have to exhange for a ticket, just use your season book. We had the same set up for the Hibs and Dundee United games. It undoubtedly has an effect on walk up fans on the day though. Agree that selling them on the morning of the game would be better.

47 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

Let me hazard a guess.  The club management is not prepared to pay someone to be in attendance on the day to sell tickets.

1 hour ago, Sweet Pete said:

Stupid decision by the club.

I'm struggling to understand it myself. Do we really expect St Mirren to bring 750? I don't think they brought anything near that figure last year or earlier this year. Quite why we think they will now that they're 7 points adrift at the bottom of the table is anyone's guess.

I've got a sneaky feeling who might be behind the decision...

Circumstances meant that there was a potential trip down from Aberdeen for the St. Mirren game for me. Looking unlikely now.

I'm sure someone could sort you out with a ticket and meet you on the day?

I would offer to do it myself but I can't guarantee I could make it down to collect a ticket and don't want to let you down.

53 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

http://www.dng24.co.uk/new-mids-boss-named/

BBPF will be on his way to the borders as we speak... assuming that's where Mid-Annandale is.

According to that article, he played for Livingstone, wherever that is! :lol:

I'm sure someone could sort you out with a ticket and meet you on the day?

I would offer to do it myself but I can't guarantee I could make it down to collect a ticket and don't want to let you down.

Cheers. I will hopefully be able to sort something out but it is disappointing that there is this unnecessary complication.

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I'm struggling to understand it myself. Do we really expect St Mirren to bring 750? I don't think they brought anything near that figure last year or earlier this year. Quite why we think they will now that they're 7 points adrift at the bottom of the table is anyone's guess.

I've got a sneaky feeling who might be behind the decision...

k ashwood 1.jpg