Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

That's very true.

I still remain unconvinced but if Chris Aitken is to be appointed I'll be hoping he proves me wrong.

Still nothing confirmed as of yet so it's all guesswork at the minute.

It is exactly that. Certainly, FWIW, there seemed to be a lot of players who joined Stranraer who were good friends with Tiff. 

Funnily enough, there are more than a couple of Stranraer fans who are unsure about appointing Aitken because of his links to this season as well. Time will tell.

Supposedly mccallums chose us, a winning team with Ryan McCord, Bobby Linn, Stevie Doris (on occasion Jimmy Scott and the main man Prunty ;) ) and Eddie Ferns giving him service should hopefully bag a few.

I'll report back.

Overall opinion of this guy a decent one aye??

Supposedly mccallums chose us, a winning team with Ryan McCord, Bobby Linn, Stevie Doris (on occasion Jimmy Scott and the main man Prunty [emoji6] ) and Eddie Ferns giving him service should hopefully bag a few.

I'll report back.

Decent enough. Agile, quick but a real lack of strength. Can finish and a sustained run of games should be good for him.

4 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Supposedly mccallums chose us, a winning team with Ryan McCord, Bobby Linn, Stevie Doris (on occasion Jimmy Scott and the main man Prunty ;) ) and Eddie Ferns giving him service should hopefully bag a few.

I'll report back.

Forgot that you had Prunts. No brainer for him in that case.

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

I'll report back.

I wouldn't be surprised if Prunty was the deciding factor there, he'll know Donald well and he's a fucking legend. He's got good technical ability and speed but strength is a massive question mark for him and he hasn't ever really built himself up physically.  We've all been pretty desperate for him to make an impact as he's been with us since he was a young lad, I hope he does well. 

All this chat of Prunty is making me teary eyed. A true modern day Sons legend.

As for Donald I can't add much more. Quick, nippy, direct but I feel he lacks a bit in the 'footballing brain' area. I really hope he does well at Arbroath and oor Bryan takes him under his wing and allows him to suckle day and night meaning Donald can return to us big, strong and full of nutrients with some added Prunty brain power.

Supposedly mccallums chose us, a winning team with Ryan McCord, Bobby Linn, Stevie Doris (on occasion Jimmy Scott and the main man Prunty [emoji6] ) and Eddie Ferns giving him service should hopefully bag a few.

I'll report back.

Forgot that you had Prunts. No brainer for him in that case.

He's a good prospect, but I'm not sure if he'd be picked before Bobby Linn, Prunts or Doris if they're your forward options. I hope he gets game time and progresses however

He's a good prospect, but I'm not sure if he'd be picked before Bobby Linn, Prunts or Doris if they're your forward options. I hope he gets game time and progresses however

Believe it or not but Prunty hasn't got much game time, Doris/Martin Scott and Josh Skelly (playing on wing now, on loan from Dundee) all played a lot more. Although I still love Prunty for his attitude, always gives his all when he's playing and when he's on the bench he celebrates like a young Arbroath ultra on the bucky, great guy to have in about the team. Linns the star man but he plays out wide.

Just waiting on confirmation now.

[emoji38]

Prunts overhead kick is doing the rounds on Twitter today!! Hope McCallum is determined to impress the hero. [emoji6]

Said it ST08, looking forward to seeing him.

One of his overhead kicks is doing the rounds on twitter. He scored more than one, which is why he is a legend!

I'll report back.

The potential is there as others have said. What is needed is game time to see if he can make the cut, you seem to be well covered in forward options though.

Just had a thought, the boy comes from Campbeltown, if he still stays there that's a hell of a trek.

The potential is there as others have said. What is needed is game time to see if he can make the cut, you seem to be well covered in forward options though.

Just had a thought, the boy comes from Campbeltown, if he still stays there that's a hell of a trek.

As far as I know he resides in Glasgow but I may be wrong.

Have heard we are close to signing a winger called Dale Jennings.

We were linked with him in the Summer, or last January, as has been said, he's massively unfit these days and seems to get trials based solely on the massive potential he once showed. Im not convinced he'd do well for you, but if he suddenly decided to knuckle down he'd be a standout in this country, chances of that are slim, though.

That's McCallum officially away to Arbroath. Hope he kicks on and gets regular football.

Wonder if we'll bring someone in now he's (presumably) off the wage bill until the end of the season. We seem to be doing a 1 in 1 out approach at the moment.

6 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

That's McCallum officially away to Arbroath. Hope he kicks on and gets regular football.

Wonder if we'll bring someone in now he's (presumably) off the wage bill until the end of the season. We seem to be doing a 1 in 1 out approach at the moment.

You would hope so, we only have 14 outfield players available!

Honestly think with Gallagher being out we need another body for midfield, everywhere else is reasonably well covered.