Sons' sorrow

13 hours ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

I would find it curious if Faz did take the Stranraer job. They are in a much worse position than they were when he was offered the job last time. His and Aitken's stocks are fairly high at the moment so why not wait until their contracts are up at the end of the season. A zillion mile dull trip for every home game too. Good luck to him if he does go and maybe the financial incentive is good for him to move. There will though be plenty able deputies available, able and willing to do the job. If we're going for former Sons, then I wouldn't say no to someone like Allan Moore.

Faz stays in Ayrshire so probably only another thirty minutes travelling time. I don't know how appealing the money would be to him as I believe he's in a good job with the prison service.  

He wasn't a name that sprung to mind when thinking of replacements for Reid, but now that he's been mentioned I think he'd be a good choice.

Wouldn't panic too much at the minute as he was uninterested last time round so maybe quite happy being number two.

Faz stays in Ayrshire so probably only another thirty minutes travelling time. I don't know how appealing the money would be to him as I believe he's in a good job with the prison service.  
He wasn't a name that sprung to mind when thinking of replacements for Reid, but now that he's been mentioned I think he'd be a good choice.
Wouldn't panic too much at the minute as he was uninterested last time round so maybe quite happy being number two.

I can see him taking it. As much as the job may seem unappealing in terms of Stranraer's league position I think he's probably wanting to give it a bash, I'd also imagine the money will be better than being no2 with ourselves.

I wouldn't say we'd panic should he leave, most of us would be frustrated after the squad had finally settled following a very tough start to the season. I'm also apprehensive, as Stevie has never worked alongside anyone else, I think he really needs someone who will 'boot baws' when required as he doesn't seem the type himself.

If Faz goes I really hope we seek out an experienced head, not a Mark Spalding type of first timer. I reckon had big Frazer Wright still been here he would've been in with a shout. Despite being inexperienced I wouldn't have been against that as he would know the squad and pretty much carry on Faz's decent work in terms of training etc. Having to go external means we could be looking at different training methods etc, something I hope wont upset the rhythym we seem to have found.

I can see him taking it. As much as the job may seem unappealing in terms of Stranraer's league position I think he's probably wanting to give it a bash, I'd also imagine the money will be better than being no2 with ourselves.

I wouldn't say we'd panic should he leave, most of us would be frustrated after the squad had finally settled following a very tough start to the season. I'm also apprehensive, as Stevie has never worked alongside anyone else, I think he really needs someone who will 'boot baws' when required as he doesn't seem the type himself.

If Faz goes I really hope we seek out an experienced head, not a Mark Spalding type of first timer. I reckon had big Frazer Wright still been here he would've been in with a shout. Despite being inexperienced I wouldn't have been against that as he would know the squad and pretty much carry on Faz's decent work in terms of training etc. Having to go external means we could be looking at different training methods etc, something I hope wont upset the rhythym we seem to have found.

Funnily enough, when you said someone to 'boot baws' as Stevie maybe wouldn't, Fraz was the first name that came to mind.

Had he been a free agent so to speak, I wouldn't have been surprised if he'd returned, being interested in getting into the coaching side of it, but he signed for Stirling Albion almost immediately if my memory serves me rightly?

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

He was a hero. f**k knows what he's doing now.

I think he was playing for the Scotland Amateurs a few years back, might be wrong though. Since then I have no idea.

Edit: Aye, he's still doing that whilst playing for Larkhall Thistle

http://www.scottishamateurfa.co.uk/newsdetail/ID/463

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

2 minutes ago, monthe blues said:

Dont Panic Guys ,Ive Heard if we take Faz, We are giving you Chris Aitken in part exchange, So you will have a matching set

Hmmm, I thought that might be the case. Nothing against Chris, he was actually a player I always liked given how many decent goals he scored from centre-mid, but he doesn't strike me as the psycho, kick down dressing room doors throw kettles at the wall type.

I think we need a mentalist. Stevie is clearly the nice guy, and I'd imagine his brother will be the same.

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I recently seen a photo of him with Lewis MacLeod (ex Rangers). He still looks hard as f**k.

The last I heard of him was when David McNaught was saying he played against him when we was between the sticks for Larkhall. He would've been a hero there with his 'WATP' tattoo.

:lol: Forgot about that, fairly sure he had a Rangers badge on his chest too #Staunch

Have heard we are close to signing a winger called Dale Jennings.

Not sure if this is a wind up or genuine but I'd be really surprised if we signed another winger. We seem to be adequately equipped in that department with Stirling, Gallagher and Thommo with Fleming and Stanton able to cover there if and when required.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Really not convinced with Stevie appointing his brother in all honesty.

The fact he was part of that honking Reid setup at Stranraer does not fill me with confidence in the slightest. As we have seen in the past it's a massive role and a poor appointment can have a big impact.

In Chris' defence, the same could be said about Stevie when he took over from Keith Knox at Stranraer. I think Stranraer were bottom when Stevie stepped up from assistant to manager.

In Chris' defence, the same could be said about Stevie when he took over from Keith Knox at Stranraer. I think Stranraer were bottom when Stevie stepped up from assistant to manager.

That's very true.

I still remain unconvinced but if Chris Aitken is to be appointed I'll be hoping he proves me wrong.

Still nothing confirmed as of yet so it's all guesswork at the minute.

1 hour ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

:lol: Forgot about that, fairly sure he had a Rangers badge on his chest too #Staunch

Not his chest, the side of his head!

I did, in a quiet moment, go "Davey, mate ... you not worried that you're in the wrong place at the wrong time and someone takes offence at it?" & he went "naaaaaaah, I'm a lovely big guy, no one's going to touch me" :thumsup2

#ooeemonk