Sons' sorrow

Based on what Andy Little said yesterday (he had spoken with BOTH the part time teams in the Championship and would decide this week which one to sign for) then we're definitely considering him.

It could be one of those situations where his availability has came out of the blue and it's too good an opportunity to pass up for Stevie. Little is only 27 and wants to put himself in the shop window "at a club near Glasgow" with a view to securing full time football next season.

Dumbarton haven't spoken to him [emoji53]

sons apparently want Stanton permanently 

I'd be beyond shocked if that was true given we'd have to pay for him as he's got a few years (iirc) left on his Hibs contract.

As well as that I doubt we'd be able to match his wage demands and, perhaps above all else, there's very little advantage to doing it given he's here 'til the end of the season anyway.

That strikes me as papers just looking for something vaguely believable to outsiders to write.

Stanton actually came onto a game in recent weeks. I've been really impressed with his driving runs from deep positions. If he leaves Hibs in the summer I'd imagine he'll get a f/t team no problem.

56 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Stanton actually came onto a game in recent weeks. I've been really impressed with his driving runs from deep positions. If he leaves Hibs in the summer I'd imagine he'll get a f/t team no problem.

Yes, the driving runs have become a welcome addition to his game recently. I would suggest he'll need to produce those moments more frequently in the coming weeks whilst avoiding injury if he wants a full time gig next term.

He could be one of our star turns right now if he could avoid the tendency to drift out of matches. 

Remember how some of us and the Morton fans were giving Nesbitt the benefit of the doubt by saying that he tripped over his own feet..

Nesbitt was also the man who won Morton a penalty when he went down under a Darren Barr challenge, and he was also in no doubt that referee John Beaton got that call correct.

The sponsors’ man of the match explained: “It was definitely a penalty. The boy hits me. I don’t think he sees me as I’m making the run and he checks back and just catches my leg and it hits into my other one.

“I think most of their players were complaining about the fact that I couldn’t have got the through ball, that if he didn’t clip me I still wouldn’t have got there. But he brings me down in the box, so that’s definitely a penalty.”

http://gmfc.net/2017/01/10/aidan-adamant-his-name-should-be-on-scoresheet/

Be interested to know what his defence would be now, given SonsTV's excellent footage...

Spoiler

Yes I'm still seething.

41 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Remember how some of us and the Morton fans were giving Nesbitt the benefit of the doubt by saying that he tripped over his own feet..

http://gmfc.net/2017/01/10/aidan-adamant-his-name-should-be-on-scoresheet/

Be interested to know what his defence would be now, given SonsTV's excellent footage...

Reveal hidden contents

Yes I'm still seething.

Thing is that ties in with the footage. He's basically saying that Barr stepped slightly backwards and caught his leg. That knocked him off balance and he goes down after a couple of steps.

2 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

Thing is that ties in with the footage. He's basically saying that Barr stepped slightly backwards and caught his leg. That knocked him off balance and he goes down after a couple of steps.

The thing is it looks to me like he effectively dragged his leg behind him (either because that's how he runs or deliberately) in an attempt to make contact with Barr. I'm still far from convinced it does make any contact with him, but that dragged leg then moves back into place causing him to fly up into the air and over. The noise that we heard (and that was the reason I suspect Beaton gave the penalty) was Nesbitt's legs coming together, because even if Barr had made the slightest contact it would be with his knee, and that wouldn't make the slapping noise.

Screenshot 2017-01-10 at 16.14.31.png