Sons' sorrow

I may well be Wilf, but I'm also hopefully honest enough to recognise Nish's imperfections whilst being disappointed for the guy that he was often singled out and lampooned whilst others such as Lee Mair, Hugh Murray and Iain McDougall couldn't begin to spell commitment. Never mind the other two I already mentioned.

Justice for the Railway Sleeper, that is all we seek.

I think your own commitment is open to question when you can't even remember a recent player's Christian name. His nickname 'Shagger' would have perhaps both have explained his lack of commitment and differentiated him from a pretty decent Rangers player from the 70s :P

Edited by Howlin' Wilf

Was pretty happy with what was a relatively harmless meet the manager session today. Stevie recognised where we need to strengthen and made the changes for today's match which we went on to win. A nice change from the very stubborn approach Ian Murray always seemed to take. Doesn't seem afraid to admit where he has gone wrong and not scared to change things when they clearly aren't working.

Was pretty happy with what was a relatively harmless meet the manager session today. Stevie recognised where we need to strengthen and made the changes for today's match which we went on to win. A nice change from the very stubborn approach Ian Murray always seemed to take. Doesn't seem afraid to admit where he has gone wrong and not scared to change things when they clearly aren't working.

I thought wee Stevie came across really well today, I was pretty impressed with what he had to say.

I like the guy a lot, I really hope he can achieve what he wants with us before making a decent career out of management. He certainly comes across as a very determined individual who knows what he wants from his players and isn't afraid to tell it like it is. It's also refreshing to hear a manager admit where he feels we're going wrong.

I too was impressed and pleased with Aitken at the MTM today.

He talks a good game and sounds knowledgeable on the game, and it's refreshing to hear someone admit their faults, something we haven't had too much of in our last couple of managers.

And for him to have followed up his good talking before the game with three points afterwards is great. It's a step in the right direction and shows he can walk the walk as well as talk the talk.

I set one up and all appeared to be fine but I just received an email saying that they can't verify my age and need me to send them a copy of my drivers licence or birth certificate etc. Anyone else experienced this and is there a way to verify your age without going through all that hassle?

I set one up and all appeared to be fine but I just received an email saying that they can't verify my age and need me to send them a copy of my drivers licence or birth certificate etc. Anyone else experienced this and is there a way to verify your age without going through all that hassle?

Send them a recording of you rustling a sweetie paper at the Rock.

Down @ The Rock's never been that atmospheric but even against Rangers the Home End was quiet. What happened to all the flags we used to see at home & away matches? Even Willie Gibson gave us the "make some noise" gesture after we went 1 up v Livi on Sat.

I've had that email. I replied to them pointing out that I'd added funds via a credit card so they should be able to verify my age by that but they're not going with it.

I'll sort mine out during the week.

Overall the Sons Lotto should be a boost to the club - potentially significantly so if enough people sign up and play. It's entirely risk free for the club and it doesnt cost us anything to be part of.

It'll be interesting to see how things go in the next few weeks. Would be good to see a Sons fan get a decent win nice and early.

I got signed up and placed my line no problem, fairly simple process. I put the next 4 draws on so I didn't have to do it every week. I think it's quite confusing the set up though with regards to the results of the draw (certainly on my mobile anyway). For example, it says that the status of my line is "Won" but I have no returns, nor do I seem to be able to see what the winning draw numbers were, it's also not clear how many draws I have left from my original bet. Of course, it's entirely possible that I'm being a bit thick and looking at the wrong place but I'm finding it a bit difficult to follow.

EDIT - Update is that I haven't won the jackpot so I guess we'll need to make do with the transfer budget we have.

Edited by The Moonster