Sons' sorrow

Murray has shown nothing whatsoever in developing the youth at DFC. He has relied on loanees and quite frankly probably been a bit lucky that Alloa and Cowden were shite for last two seasons.

Classic example is let Prunty go to score a dozen at Airdrie and replace him with forwards who cant score a dozen between them. Kanes second stint, nothing special, Nish (tit) Campbell (runs a lot). Depend on a goalie we cant keep. Realise our magic signings of Van Dumpling and Lee Nightmair are poor, so end up rushing off to get a Celtic youth player cos we have none.

Not forgetting the two diddies fae Dundee Utd and St Johnstone and big Chris Dugshit.

We were poor last season, not all Murrays fault, but get him off the pedestal half you lot have hoisted him onto.

Is John McVey still available????????

Right, now I've got a wee bit of time on my hands time to get tore into quite possibly the most ridiculous post I think I've ever seen in my 4 years on P&B.

Alloa, Cowden, Livi, Raith & Morton, all finished below us in the past two seasons. But I guess we just got lucky, eh? THe loanees have almost all been excellent signings, bringing quality to the team that we otherwise couldn't afford. Stuart Findlay, Danny Rogers and Chris Kane are three of the best players I've ever seen at the club, they all have big futures in the game and I'm delighted that they played a huge role for our club.

I wouldn't have let Prunty go, he's one of my all time favorite players but lets face facts here. He hadn't scored a goal for us since January (and that was from the penalty spot) At his age he wanted first team football and Muzz couldn't guarantee that hence they both agreed to move on.

Chris Kane managed to win us 7 points last season in just 10 games that he played due to his injury. "Nothing special"? I'm sorry but that's just complete nonsense.

I agree to an extent on Nish, although only scored twice he also set up 5. That isn't an achievement to take away from him, only Aggy assisted more all season.

I've know idea what the point in the comment about depending on a 'keeper we can't keep is. We could've kept Stephen Grindlay but would you rather have him (nae offence to Shay) between the sticks or Danny?

Van Zanten was dependable enough until his injury which wrecked his season. Mair was garbage to be fair, you've got that spot on. But "rushing off to get a Celtic youth player"? Rushing off? I'd rush off to get Stuart Findlay even if it was just for one match! The boy is different class.

Dylan Easton didn't fit in with our style of play and Darren Petrie just didn't fit in. For every Danny Rogers or Chris Kane you'll get loanees who just aren't anywhere near the standard required.

Duggan was a difficult one as he was clearly still struggling with an injury suffered a while back - hence why we didn't see him after Cowdenbeath.

So, in summary, the manager who in his first season saved us when we were doomed. In his second season took us to the brink of the Premiership playoffs, a Scottish Cup quarter final and had us playing some of the best football we've played in years and who, in his third season, kept us up comfortably in a league containing three of Scotland's biggest clubs and the Scottish cup finalists with only 2 other part-time sides hasn't done an absolutely stonking job?

Right, now I've got a wee bit of time on my hands time to get tore into quite possibly the most ridiculous post I think I've ever seen in my 4 years on P&B.

Alloa, Cowden, Livi, Raith & Morton, all finished below us in the past two seasons. But I guess we just got lucky, eh? THe loanees have almost all been excellent signings, bringing quality to the team that we otherwise couldn't afford. Stuart Findlay, Danny Rogers and Chris Kane are three of the best players I've ever seen at the club, they all have big futures in the game and I'm delighted that they played a huge role for our club.

I wouldn't have let Prunty go, he's one of my all time favorite players but lets face facts here. He hadn't scored a goal for us since January (and that was from the penalty spot) At his age he wanted first team football and Muzz couldn't guarantee that hence they both agreed to move on.

Chris Kane managed to win us 7 points last season in just 10 games that he played due to his injury. "Nothing special"? I'm sorry but that's just complete nonsense.

I agree to an extent on Nish, although only scored twice he also set up 5. That isn't an achievement to take away from him, only Aggy assisted more all season.

I've know idea what the point in the comment about depending on a 'keeper we can't keep is. We could've kept Stephen Grindlay but would you rather have him (nae offence to Shay) between the sticks or Danny?

Van Zanten was dependable enough until his injury which wrecked his season. Mair was garbage to be fair, you've got that spot on. But "rushing off to get a Celtic youth player"? Rushing off? I'd rush off to get Stuart Findlay even if it was just for one match! The boy is different class.

Dylan Easton didn't fit in with our style of play and Darren Petrie just didn't fit in. For every Danny Rogers or Chris Kane you'll get loanees who just aren't anywhere near the standard required.

Duggan was a difficult one as he was clearly still struggling with an injury suffered a while back - hence why we didn't see him after Cowdenbeath.

So, in summary, the manager who in his first season saved us when we were doomed. In his second season took us to the brink of the Premiership playoffs, a Scottish Cup quarter final and had us playing some of the best football we've played in years and who, in his third season, kept us up comfortably in a league containing three of Scotland's biggest clubs and the Scottish cup finalists with only 2 other part-time sides hasn't done an absolutely stonking job?

I'd say that just about covers it.

Case closed M'lud.

All of which merits a move to a bigger club, something which is probably now best for both parties.

Three years ago today since the playoff final win at Airdrie. Try and remember these great days, because the number of shite days getting pumped by diddies at shite grounds in the lowest division weren't so very long ago. This is a golden age for the club.

Three years ago today since the playoff final win at Airdrie. Try and remember these great days, because the number of shite days getting pumped by diddies at shite grounds in the lowest division weren't so very long ago. This is a golden age for the club.

I fuckin loved those days :lol:

Some of the away days were absolutely wild. Myself and Moonster freshly turned 18 year old whipper snappers, whoring and touring with our merry band of rogues.

I remember a certain trip to Elgin as being the tip of the iceberg. My life has been downhill ever since.

I fuckin loved those days :lol:

Some of the away days were absolutely wild. Myself and Moonster freshly turned 18 year old whipper snappers, whoring and touring with our merry band of rogues.

I remember a certain trip to Elgin as being the tip of the iceberg. My life has been downhill ever since.

All about perspective I suppose. I only go along nowadays for the day out, the football gets in the way for me.

Season ticket bought today. Told by Jordan Kirkpatrick family member he has been offered deal by Livingston.

Christ, that would be bad if he left. Even worse if he went to a club like Livi who'll go bust (again) in another few months.

not if Rankine sells his shares I believe?

Aye true, which he was told do months ago. With the state Livi are in, it's hardly surprising that he's seemingly struggling to sell (or perhaps he's unwilling?). We should all know how fly the b*****d is.

Could be a dangerous game for Kirky. Tells us that he's going to Livi, we withdraw our offer, things go tits up with Livi and he's left looking for a club. Not that I think he wouldn't find one but perhaps not at this level. It also wouldn't surprise me if players were using these "offers" to try and get a wage rise with their current clubs. It must go on all the time.

All of which merits a move to a bigger club, something which is probably now best for both parties.

That makes no sense whatsoever. If he's been so successful that bigger clubs are looking at him then we should want to hold on to him. It's hardly "best for both parties."

That makes no sense whatsoever. If he's been so successful that bigger clubs are looking at him then we should want to hold on to him. It's hardly "best for both parties."

Bigger clubs are looking at him because he applied for the position. His success with us makes him a strong candidate and no one can grudge him applying for it.

But...

The fact that he's applied would suggest to me he's ready to move on and doesn't fully want to remain at Dumbarton. He has a massive job on his hands re-building our squad and he needs to be 100% fully committed to that. He's stuck with mostly the same players (a number of whom were here before he arrived) and got the best out of them, he's never had to re-build a squad from scratch. Therefore it may be best for both parties if he were to get the job.

Before anyone shits their pants, I'm not suggesting Murray is a shite manager. I'm merely pointing out that Dumbarton need someone who is committed to Dumbarton not someone with his eye on another job.

The same way that Murray will look out for number 1, DFC must do the same. We don't owe Murray the world, we took a huge gamble appointing him which turned out to be hugely successful for both us and him.

I have obviously missed when it was announcement he had applied for another job. Where was that announced? Btw I'm serious I haven't read back all the thread so if it's been announced that he has applied for another job (St.Mirren I presume) I missed it.

There was nothing mentioned by Aggy when I spoke to him on Friday (he may not have been in the know) he only mentioned that Murray had been chasing him for a decision on his future.

I have obviously missed when it was announcement he had applied for another job. Where was that announced? Btw I'm serious I haven't read back all the thread so if it's been announced that he has applied for another job (St.Mirren I presume) I missed it.

There was nothing mentioned by Aggy when I spoke to him on Friday (he may not have been in the know) he only mentioned that Murray had been chasing him for a decision on his future.

I believe this is where it stems from.

post-33799-1432139924353_thumb.jpg

He has an interview for the St Mirren job this week. The job was based on applicants only rather than them approaching him, apparently.