Sons' sorrow

Instead of all this negativity about the squad our fans should be backing them to the hilt. The management are obviously working within a budget and blowing cash (I assume we don't have) on players for a quick fix, which given the fact that we have only played one competitive match in the league and not lost a game should be encouraging.

I think we have some of the worst fans who are constantly down on the team and I am sure if some of the players read this message board must wonder why they play for us. It is the same sitting in the stand hearing moaners rather than praising them. I don't see other teams getting as much grief from their fans.

Murray and his management team worked wonders last season and this should have been enough for the fans to have faith in him and his selection for this season.

Come on guys get behind the team and who knows what will happen, the season has only just begun.

Who's being negative? It's just peoples opinions on players during our first league match, people will always disagree, but if we can't come on here and talk about the game/players/managers then what's the point in having a forum? It probably says more about the team if we're on here picking at wee things, it shows they set a high standard from Christmas onwards and most of us will now go to matches thinking/half expecting we can take something from the game.

We're all behind the team on here I think, a few old guys moaning in the stand and shouting the same pish at referees every week shouldn't be listened to, they should be drowned out.

Exactly Graham and Smith where unsung heroes last season. Smith stepped into centre half last season when needed and done the job and also Graham I think is our best player, obviously it takes time for a part time team to get there match fitness back but if your going to scrutinise your own squad on this make sure you have a good explanation becaus from what I've seen it's been speed comments that has been getting both of these players. If you honestly think we want an experienced centre half or a fast centre half? Quite easily take an experienced one and lets not kid big Andy has got us out of trouble many a times with his bag of tricks.

3rd division winning teams was

David McEwan (Larkhall Thistle)

Gordon lennon

Pat Boyle (On trial at Airdrie)

Mick Dunlop (Albion Rovers)

Ben Gordon (Alloa)

Ross Clark (Cambuslang Rangers)

Ryan McStay (Irvine Meadow)

Ross Forbes (Partick Thistle)

Denis Mclaughlin (Rutherglen Glencairn)

Derek Carcary (Brechin)

Stevie Murray (retired)

Think that's all correct.

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

What was the name of the boy who started 08/09 as first choice left back, then got an injury and couldn't get his place back after it? And did he come from Albion Rovers?

Looking at the squad list I'm not sure who you're talking about. Kieron McAnespie seems to be on the list but he was shite and I don't remember him being injured. Youngster Richie McKillen is the only other one I think it could be. List is here: http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/dumbarton-fc/historische-kader/verein_3023_2008.html

Looking at the squad list I'm not sure who you're talking about. Kieron McAnespie seems to be on the list but he was shite and I don't remember him being injured. Youngster Richie McKillen is the only other one I think it could be. List is here: http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/dumbarton-fc/historische-kader/verein_3023_2008.html

It wasn't either of them, I remember them both. He was a left back and played in the first few months of the season, got injured and didn't get back into the team again thereafter. I remember when the chairman was handing out the medals on the park at Annan he gave one to this boy and I remember thinking "I'd forgotten he was even at the club". Possibly Robert something?

Richie McKillen looked a decent prospect, I hear he's quite rated in the Junior game. Did McAnespie actually turn out for us at left full back? I remember him playing central midfield and being awful.

It wasn't either of them, I remember them both. He was a left back and played in the first few months of the season, got injured and didn't get back into the team again thereafter. I remember when the chairman was handing out the medals on the park at Annan he gave one to this boy and I remember thinking "I'd forgotten he was even at the club". Possibly Robert something?

Richie McKillen looked a decent prospect, I hear he's quite rated in the Junior game. Did McAnespie actually turn out for us at left full back? I remember him playing central midfield and being awful.

Starting to think you're going mental, Pete. The only Robert I can think of is Robert Campbell, but he was a left winger I'm sure. McAnespie did play left back I'm sure, he was pish there as well. Gary Wilson was also a left winger but he only played about 2 games before being punted.

Jonny Graham, where art thou?

EDIT - I've checked the results and it seems I was wrong about Wilson (did we sign another Wilson who was released quickly? Graham maybe?) he seems to have played most games at left back along with Craig Brittain before Boyle came in.

2nd EDIT - Looking through the teams for that season, Chapman used a fucking ridiculous amount of players. Sure I remember someone saying he used around 85 players in his time with Dumbarton?

Edited by The Moonster