Sons' sorrow

I'd imagine one of our left backs will be leaving even if only on loan. After yesterdays performance from Forsyth I'd be inclined to make it Creaney. Forsyth can also slot in at CB if we're struggling.

Losing Devlin is a blow and that will need to be addressed asap. He's not been spectacular but solid enough. I'd hate to see us move Andy Graham from CB, i'm starting to like him more everytime I see him. Was outstanding yesterday.

Lamont I wouldn't be signing. Not done enough to convince me this season he deserves a deal. I am a fan of him but he's struggled badly this season.

I see the boy Smith has been on loan to East Fife as well, anyone know much about him?

Like BBPF, whilst Nicky has maybe struggled to make the impact he did previously for us, he's a solid enough right back and we will definitely need a replacement if we are not getting him back (which looks to be the case going by his reaction at the end of the game). Thanks once again, Nicky - you'll always be welcome back.

Nicky Devlin tweeted that he's back for 28 days since the SPL is shutting down!

"DEFENDER Nicky Devlin will be at the Bet Butler Stadium a little bit longer following today's agreement to extend his stay.Nicky's original deal ended following yesterday's win at Cappielow, and with the SPL now in winter shutdown mode, gaffer Murray moved quickly to keep the young full-back for another 28 days."

from OS

"DEFENDER Nicky Devlin will be at the Bet Butler Stadium a little bit longer following today's agreement to extend his stay.Nicky's original deal ended following yesterday's win at Cappielow, and with the SPL now in winter shutdown mode, gaffer Murray moved quickly to keep the young full-back for another 28 days."

from OS

Here btw I heard Nicky Devlin is back for 28 days.

It's good news that Nicky is back, but we need someone in long term. I noticed when I was on the 2nd Division forum, looking for reveiws of Scott Smith, which were less than positive, that Johnathon Tiffoeny currently doesn't have a club.

It's good news that Nicky is back, but we need someone in long term. I noticed when I was on the 2nd Division forum, looking for reveiws of Scott Smith, which were less than positive, that Johnathon Tiffoeny currently doesn't have a club.

Most 2nd Division fans told us Jim Lister was shite. I'll reserve judgement until I've seen him play.

Confirmed that Lamont has left St Mirren.

No surprise there. He's a decent enough winger, but still somewhat raw and quite slight of build. Was a good deal more effective for us in Division Two, but it'd be unfair to single him out as having struggled in Division One when the whole team were floundering. Best of luck to him wherever he ends up. I think he'll pick up an SFL contract fairly easily.

No surprise there. He's a decent enough winger, but still somewhat raw and quite slight of build. Was a good deal more effective for us in Division Two, but it'd be unfair to single him out as having struggled in Division One when the whole team were floundering. Best of luck to him wherever he ends up. I think he'll pick up an SFL contract fairly easily.

Aye, there's definitely a good winger in there. He can beat a man and cross with both feet but is quite slight. 2nd Division would probably be his level for a couple of years to see how he gets on.

Great idea. Big Andy marking Obri.

'Cough' Obri fairly took them apart, ( being savaged by a dead sheep springs to mind)

I hope Dumbarton's results against the Pars and Thistle lead to a change of thread title ( as the guy above said)

'Sons rising' maybe ... it can be adjusted again (if need be) later in the season :rolleyes:

'Cough' Obri fairly took them apart, ( being savaged by a dead sheep springs to mind)

I hope Dumbarton's results against the Pars and Thistle lead to a change of thread title ( as the guy above said)

'Sons rising' maybe ... it can be adjusted again (if need be) later in the season :rolleyes:

leave the title alone - we've played like a different team since this topic was started! If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

A bit like when Kenny Ashwood shaved his beard off circa 1985, he was never the same striker afterwards (one for the fellow crumbly Sons fans there, © Johnny Graham).

leave the title alone - we've played like a different team since this topic was started! If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

A bit like when Kenny Ashwood shaved his beard off circa 1985, he was never the same striker afterwards (one for the fellow crumbly Sons fans there, © Johnny Graham).

:lol: Fair points. You are better sticking with the 'sorrow' angle meantime.

Now us , last season... we went for a 'great feeling at Cappielow' :green