Sons' sorrow

47 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
1 hour ago, Howlin said:
Anyone think we should re-sign Garry? I think we could do worse.....

I think he'll have a number of offers Wilf, and perhaps a return to the junior ranks could be lucrative for him. Relations between Garry and SA were hardly brilliant at the end too.

I heard that but I think he could still do a job.....

ETA from Alloa P&B thread

"Fleming has been brilliant for us this season after moving back into the middle of the park. I have enjoyed watching him. Brilliant range of passing and he will certainly get another club.  After a sluggish start he certainly made an impact . All the best Gary and thanks for the memories."

Edited by Howlin' Wilf

4 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
47 minutes ago, Howlin said:
Anyone think we should re-sign Garry? I think we could do worse.....

I think he'll have a number of offers Wilf, and perhaps a return to the junior ranks could be lucrative for him. Relations between Garry and SA were hardly brilliant at the end too.

Good luck to Froxy for the international v Jordan tomorrow. She's quite a formidable woman but you have to fancy Cyprus

2 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

On the goalkeeping front I see David Hutton who played for Arbroath against us is available. Also former Dunfermline and East Fife keeper, Ryan Goodfellow. http://pfascotland.co.uk/Membership-Benefits/player-availability-list/

Hutton signed for Airdrie today too.

Robbie Thomson would be my absolute number 1 target. With Jamie coaching at Motherwell I wonder if Rohan Ferguson could be a loan target.

Jamie Sneddon at Partick Thistle would be another good shout. If they go down though then maybe he'll be in their plans.

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

41 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

On the goalkeeping front I see David Hutton who played for Arbroath against us is available. Also former Dunfermline and East Fife keeper, Ryan Goodfellow. http://pfascotland.co.uk/Membership-Benefits/player-availability-list/

Thankfully he signed for airdrie too as he was awful against us.

Enough people have said there piece on yesterday’s rubbish so moving on to the keep/bin/ leaving section
Keep
Scott Gallacher
Andy Dowie
Dougie Hill
Craig Barr
Chris McLaughlin 
Liam Dick
Kyle Hutton
Calum Galacher
Stuart Carswell
Bin
David Smith
Grant Gallacher
Danny Handling
Iain Russell
Christian Nade
Chris (who) Johnston 
Mark Stewart
David Wilson
Kyle Prior 
All loans back to their parent club
Tom Walsh (suposidly agreed to go somewhere else already)
Dimitri Froxy (Seems to have gone home already)

If Mark Stewart stays fit, he’s exactly the type of striker you’ll need for League 1. David Smith will also do well in League 1 if you get him back on the wing.

As for keeping Liam Dick, the boy had his chance with Falkirk and didn’t apply himself nearly enough. Too busy out in the town on nights before training etc.

27 minutes ago, Crawford Baptie said:

If Mark Stewart stays fit, he’s exactly the type of striker you’ll need for League 1. David Smith will also do well in League 1 if you get him back on the wing.

As for keeping Liam Dick, the boy had his chance with Falkirk and didn’t apply himself nearly enough. Too busy out in the town on nights before training etc.

What Stewart really, really needs is a good pre-season and then a run of games. He's started three times since getting injured on the first weekend in December, so he's miles short of full-fitness and sharpness. 

David Smith's away. Reading between the lines a wee bit I suspect the deal we offered him was down a bit on last season, and he reckons he can better himself elsewhere. We've not actually heard anything about Dick. He was alright (after a really poor start), and actually did a good job at right-back. Not bothered if we keep him or not though.

4 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Inverness CaleThistle apparently interested in signing Kyle Hutton according to Sunday Post.  

Old news my friend. Was in the P&J when Tom Walsh signed for them earlier this week.

Just now, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Old news my friend. Was in the P&J when Tom Walsh signed for them earlier this week.

(Un) fortunately don't get the P&J here in Dumfries so today was the first time I saw any reference to it.  Hadn't noticed any mention on this thread either as far as I can recall.  I notice Hutton gets mixed reviews among Sons fans,  as he did when at QoS,  and I doubt if he's the quality  of player to help ICT push to get back up to the top flight. 

39 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

(Un) fortunately don't get the P&J here in Dumfries so today was the first time I saw any reference to it.  Hadn't noticed any mention on this thread either as far as I can recall. 

I read it on here earlier this week though that may have been on the Airdrie thread where there was also speculation about him.