Sons' sorrow

Earl and Countess of Dumbarton when in Scotland. Surely Sonstrust should send them a couple of forms and invite them to a game?
Worth a punt surely. Regardless of people's views on the royals they're a moneymaker.

Get them to address the people of Dumbarton at the stadium - 20 pound a head. 22 if you're a st Mirren fan. 60 if you want an overnight camping ticket.

Worth a punt surely. Regardless of people's views on the royals they're a moneymaker.

Get them to address the people of Dumbarton at the stadium - 20 pound a head. 22 if you're a st Mirren fan. 60 if you want an overnight camping ticket.
How about a retro music festival thrown in?

I must say that given he was offered a deal, I'm surprised Scott Gallagher has decided to join airdrie instead.

On one hand he did improve as the season went on, but even then he never seemed to inspire confidence and cross balls were always a lottery.

Him being offered a deal and knocking it back could be either A) He was told he might not be first choice (in which case I wouldn't be too worried, I'd like to think Stevie would be looking for a better goalkeeper) or B)) Airdrie are offering more money than us. In which case I'd be slightly concerned, but we all know the budget is being slashed, if it were a money decision from Gall then it'd perhaps be indicative of just how much.

Airdrie are still a mix of PT and FT aren't they too? Might have had some bearing on the decision I'd imagine.

Grant Gallagher leaves with best wishes but he was never really good enough and while he might be 'decent' for league one, even with a reduced budget, we've got to be looking to do better than him.

Surprised Scott gal is away but given the uncertainty over who's playing in front of him a competitive offer from Airdrie would be attractive.

Maybe we're not budgetting for top 2 or 3.

Edited by sonsanorak

I must say that given he was offered a deal, I'm surprised Scott Gallagher has decided to join airdrie instead.

On one hand he did improve as the season went on, but even then he never seemed to inspire confidence and cross balls were always a lottery.

Him being offered a deal and knocking it back could be either A) He was told he might not be first choice (in which case I wouldn't be too worried, I'd like to think Stevie would be looking for a better goalkeeper) or B)) Airdrie are offering more money than us. In which case I'd be slightly concerned, but we all know the budget is being slashed, if it were a money decision from Gall then it'd perhaps be indicative of just how much.

Airdrie are still a mix of PT and FT aren't they too? Might have had some bearing on the decision I'd imagine.

Grant Gallagher leaves with best wishes but he was never really good enough and while he might be 'decent' for league one, even with a reduced budget, we've got to be looking to do better than him.

We are 100% part time

We are 100% part time

6 hours ago, Curler said:

See that Harry and Meghan are Earl and Countess of Dumbarton. We should get them to attend our home games and boost our support and revenue. Maybe they could sponsor a match or our complete season.

On a serious note I don't want either of those reptiles or any of their despicable extended family anywhere near our club or town. 

I'll be the one standing with the protest banner if they ever Rock up.

18 minutes ago, Consolidate said:

On a serious note I don't want either of those reptiles or any of their despicable extended family anywhere near our club or town. 

just to be clear, when you say 'reptiles'do you mean literally? #davidicke

On a serious note i think the Scott Gallagher departure shows the difficulty we may face in putting together a strong squad this year.Ironically other clubs have been relegated to L1 and yet still seem to have bounced back strongly and quickly i.e livi and ayr.Doubt it will be our case though.

FWIW if The Queen or The Earl or The Dukes of Hazzard want to come to our rescue i personally wouldnt stand in their way.

On a serious note i think the Scott Gallagher departure shows the difficulty we may face in putting together a strong squad this year.Ironically other clubs have been relegated to L1 and yet still seem to have bounced back strongly and quickly i.e livi and ayr.Doubt it will be our case though.
FWIW if The Queen or The Earl or The Dukes of Hazzard want to come to our rescue i personally wouldnt stand in their way.
With a much reduced playing budget I think quality will be at a premium next season. And I suppose we may not have seen the last of the departures either.

35 minutes ago, Consolidate said:

Harry could probably do a job up front for us :)

21 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

Something that fans spoke about on here during the past couple of months.

We're facing a period of massive change at the club. Both on and off the park, Dumbarton FC will be an entirely different proposition from the club that started last season.

Edited by BallochSonsFan

7 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Something that fans spoke about on here during the past couple of months.

We're facing a period of massive change at the club. Both on and off the park, Dumbarton FC will be an entirely different proposition from the club that started last season.

Indeed. The true picture is emerging.

54 minutes ago, Consolidate said:

Rik-Mayall-Rick-in-The-Young-Ones-428x372.png

20 hours ago, Consolidate said:

Easy now, let's see who we're bringing in and whether we're interested in scoring goals before we rush to conclude who we might finish ahead of.

I was being slightly tongue-in-cheek. I wouldn't count on us finishing ahead of anyone next season.

Although, if Airdrie also want to take Handling, that would be nice.