Sons' sorrow

Just now, 1870ToonBlue said:

You grumpy? I will come back to you once I have seen them pre season hopefully this time it wont be closed doors and we can all have an opinion

I'm not grumpy, no, I'd have told you to f**k off right away if I was. You seem to be claiming some sort of "told you so" moment when it just isn't there.

You can judge a pre-season friendly and send us your opinion if you want, the overall opinion will remain that you're a fanny for doing so though.

Just now, The Moonster said:

I'm not grumpy, no, I'd have told you to f**k off right away if I was. You seem to be claiming some sort of "told you so" moment when it just isn't there.

You can judge a pre-season friendly and send us your opinion if you want, the overall opinion will remain that you're a fanny for doing so though.

Thanks I quite like the name calling :)

29 minutes ago, 1870ToonBlue said:

Aye mate well done staying up for as long as your team did some achievement. But in the play offs it was part time v part time.

Should be a good league next season. Dumbarton favourites?

We'll probably have a massive rebuild so I doubt we'll be favourites. You'll find we won't have a huge budget. Realistically I'd be happy with mid table or playoff push for promotion. If we can challenge for the league then bonus. Keeping Craig Barr and Scott Gallagher is a decent spine. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I don't think anyone involved with DFC is hiding the fact we don't have a lot of money.

I am in no way certain of the exact situation but the feeling i have garnered so far is that this coming season the fight will probably be much more off the pitch than on it.Personally if we dont go thru the floorboards this year i think that will be seen as some kind of achievement.May be totally wrong though.

6 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

I am in no way certain of the exact situation but the feeling i have garnered so far is that this coming season the fight will probably be much more off the pitch than on it.Personally if we dont go thru the floorboards this year i think that will be seen as some kind of achievement.May be totally wrong though.

Not too far off the mark, aye (for the record, I'm not sure of the exact working situation either, all I know is we need cash).  In regards to the floor boards, keep an eye on the club website for news on how we plan on getting the stadium tarted up, cleaned and ultimately repaired - it will need the help of anyone and everyone.

Smith and Wilson would have been decent players for League 1 I reckon but not overly surprised they're away.

Handling clearly the new favourite. Poor Grant Gallagher kicked to the kerb. He wasn't good but had a hell of a time with injuries so best of luck to him.

I really don't want Hutton and Carswell both signing on.

17 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Handling and Russell 

87wQl.gif

I think the training facilities thing with Russell might be just to see if he thinks he can still do a job - however it would have to be in his more accustomed position. Why the f*ck Handling has been offered a deal is beyond my comprehension.

Danny Handling?

Do we ever say no to Stevie? Surely the correct response to "so, I was thinking about offering Handling a new deal" would be

"Will you f**k Stevie. Not happening wee man".

Handling was absolutely garbage for us.

tenor.gif?itemid=7369894

Edited by BallochSonsFan

15 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

No inside info. or anything like that but I reckon if Russell stays there is a really good chance Lyle will join.

Worth keeping Beanie for that reason alone. 

Handling being offered a deal is mad imho. I know he's had a bad time with injury, but I just don't see it with him.

Would've given Boomer a deal on the spot, but that aside I can't disagree too much with the decisions. A few guys will go on to do a good job wherever they end up: David Smith for example.

I'm shocked that Grant Gallagher has been punted.

Pleased to see Scott Gal and SeaGal offered new deals. Both proved themselves last season after unconvincing starts.

6 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Worth keeping Beanie for that reason alone. 

Handling being offered a deal is mad imho. I know he's had a bad time with injury, but I just don't see it with him.

Would've given Boomer a deal on the spot, but that aside I can't disagree too much with the decisions. A few guys will go on to do a good job wherever they end up: David Smith for example.

I'm shocked that Grant Gallagher has been punted.

Pleased to see Scott Gal and SeaGal offered new deals. Both proved themselves last season after unconvincing starts.

Worth punting him for that reason alone.

Lyle would have been a good signing a few years ago. Now?

Thanks, but no thanks.

Might just be my blind love for Beanie but I think it's fairly decent agreement that. I'd like to see how he plays after a proper pre-season alongside a team that actually passes the halfway line. If he's still shite then I'll admit he's done.