Sons' sorrow

The waiting for the inevitable "Aitken remains committed!" article on the website is getting unbearable. Just get it over and done with so I can try and accept another season of his shite - or attempt to convince myself that it'll be different.

Walsh was very technically competent. He had some really nice touches. Unfortunately more often than not they'd take him down a dead end. We'd lose possession because defenders would win the ball before he delivered a critical pass or his final ball wouldn't find it's mark. He wasn't a big enough threat shooting from distance and didnt really link midfield and attack like a number 10 should - able to play deep, transition the play and get forward to support a striker.

He never really contributed as much as his ability suggested. Application in actual games didn't always live up to potential.

17 minutes ago, sonsism said:

The waiting for the inevitable "Aitken remains committed!" article on the website is getting unbearable. Just get it over and done with so I can try and accept another season of his shite - or attempt to convince myself that it'll be different.

It’s kind of already been said.

http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=3564

37 minutes ago, sonsism said:

Or, we can continue to cling to the hope that he might not be here...

29 minutes ago, sonsism said:

The club expect him back but he said he'll need a few days to think about it. But aye, he'll be here next season, sadly.

Appreciate we're all deflated now and there's a lot of negativity flying around in regards to Aitken, but let's not talk ourselves to suicide here. 

Aitken has proven himself more than capable of putting an attacking team together in League 1, and I'd argue we played some of our best stuff under him towards the end of last season. Yes, this season was very uninspiring but one bad season doesn't make Stevie an awful manager. He ain't perfect, but we don't get perfect at Dumbarton. I expect he'll start shaping his squad this week and when he does I'd hope it gives us a wee lift. 

As we've said previously, and the Chairman has stated it in previous weeks, we really need the support behind the club now more than ever.  We can't pay Stevie off. Support is the only way we turn things round, on and off the pitch. The last thing we need is 300 home fans on the first day screaming "chuck it Aitken" (not saying you would be doing that here, I'm addressing a wider group known as the "sweetie rustlers").

I'm fairly positive with a more focussed Stevie Aitken this summer that he'll build a better (not necessarily quality wise, but a more balanced) squad, one hopefully more keen on sticking the ball in the pokey.

8 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Appreciate we're all deflated now and there's a lot of negativity flying around in regards to Aitken, but let's not talk ourselves to suicide here. 

Aitken has proven himself more than capable of putting an attacking team together in League 1, and I'd argue we played some of our best stuff under him towards the end of last season. Yes, this season was very uninspiring but one bad season doesn't make Stevie an awful manager. He ain't perfect, but we don't get perfect at Dumbarton. I expect he'll start shaping his squad this week and when he does I'd hope it gives us a wee lift. 

As we've said previously, and the Chairman has stated it in previous weeks, we really need the support behind the club now more than ever.  We can't pay Stevie off. Support is the only way we turn things round, on and off the pitch. The last thing we need is 300 home fans on the first day screaming "chuck it Aitken" (not saying you would be doing that here, I'm addressing a wider group known as the "sweetie rustlers").

I'm fairly positive with a more focussed Stevie Aitken this summer that he'll build a better (not necessarily quality wise, but a more balanced) squad, one hopefully more keen on sticking the ball in the pokey.

Above any other factor, Stevie's a driven guy. His reputation will have taken a bit of a battering, and he'll be keen to rebuild that. 

3 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
4 hours ago, Sons Fan said:
He seems like the kind of player that is probably a great trainer and has all the nice flicks and tricks but don’t apply it consistently enough on a pitch 

A waste of pace in other words.

A little unfair to judge a player like Tom Walsh amidst the tactics and strategy deployed this season.