Sons' sorrow

It's a slow week so I was just wondering how Sons fans still think that the officials got it all horribly wrong last Saturday ?  Is it too much to hope that folk acquaint themselves with the workings of the offside rule before the Play-Offs commence ?
Aye, probably.

I'd be absolutely terrified going into the playoffs if Grant Gal is playing right back.

10 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

I'd be absolutely terrified going into the playoffs if Grant Gal is playing right back.

There is no reason why Dowie or Hill couldn't be used as right back, if needed.

Andy Dowie filled in at r/b away to TNS & did a decent job.

There is no reason why Dowie or Hill couldn't be used as right back, if needed.
Andy Dowie filled in at r/b away to TNS & did a decent job.

Hill is left sided. He can fill in at left back but would struggle at right back - same way Smith has when played on the left.

If it came to it then I'd look at Mango or Dowie at right back if we have Dick or Boomer available on the left. Could then play Hill and another at centre half.

3 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Hill is left sided. He can fill in at left back but would struggle at right back - same way Smith has when played on the left.

If it came to it then I'd look at Mango or Dowie at right back if we have Dick or Boomer available on the left. Could then play Hill and another at centre half.

Yes. Quite right.

Strange that Aitken should throw in G Gallagher to right back, he's missed the best part of 2 seasons & the likes of Dowie is a more than able deputy for r/b instead.

#tacticalgenius

*groan* :(

Yes oki first goal was onside due to some shabby defending . 

I agree so s fans need to get basic rules refresher before taking anger out on officials.

younever catch me questioning authority of match officials . Would you ??

1 hour ago, BallochSonsFan said:

I don't think we'll see Boomer in action again this season TBH.

Yes oki first goal was onside due to some shabby defending . 
I agree so s fans need to get basic rules refresher before taking anger out on officials.
younever catch me questioning authority of match officials . Would you ??
To be fair, I think a majority of the crowd understand the rule but in real time they are focused on the player with the ball and by the time they have registered where the rest of the players are they're positions have changed making look offside/onside/whatever.

Officials have a hard job but assistants regularly make calls miles behind play and I'll not venture into foul throws or stealing yards.

6 minutes ago, albundy said:

To be fair, I think a majority of the crowd understand the rule but in real time they are focused on the player with the ball and by the time they have registered where the rest of the players are they're positions have changed making look offside/onside/whatever.

Officials have a hard job but assistants regularly make calls miles behind play and I'll not venture into foul throws or stealing yards.

It's time to do away with throw-ins altogether. Just kick the ball back in from wherever it went out.

2 hours ago, sonsanorak said:

Needs a section in the programme to explain rule changes. That or a flier.

I particularly like the new offside rule and the rage created when its taken from the attackng players own half

To be honest, the ref on Saturday seemed clueless to that new rule! I'd also argue that the standside linesman twice flagged too early and against a player who didn't even nearly touch the ball.

The goal was clearly onside and I discussed at the time with the guys around me that we thought it was onside but would be confirmed once we seen the highlights.

Try telling that to Fraser. He frequently shouts the the ref doesn’t know backside from offside

3 hours ago, sonsanorak said:

Needs a section in the programme to explain rule changes. That or a flier.

I particularly like the new offside rule and the rage created when its taken from the attackng players own half

I know it’s sarcasm but it would be good to have a page in the program explaining a rule or changes.

15 hours ago, Curler said:

Try telling that to Fraser. He frequently shouts the the ref doesn’t know backside from offside

It's an unwritten but long-held convention on P & B that anonymity is observed and preserved.  As such, please in future refer to the 'irascible auld git' or 'ill-informed bald numpty' or suchlike, I'm sure everyone will recognise the individual concerned.